Genesys Gear Creation/Price App

By c__beck, in Genesys

Greetings all! I made a thing ! I took the armour and weapon creation guidelines and made them into an app!

The site is still a W.I.P., but if you find any bugs or have any questions please post them here!

Wows dude! That's pretty **** handy! Very intuitive and a clean, slick UI.

I know it's a W.I.P. and you're probably working on this suggestion, but here it is anyways. How about a checkbox to turn on/off filtering or disabling Item Qualities for the weapon skill that is chosen. That would mean you'd have to put in that relationship between a Brawl/Melee vs Ranged skill and an item quality. There will be those edge cases for something like "why can't my knuckledusters have the blast quality?" ... hence, the checkbox to toggle the filter on/off or disabling on/off.

Again, very slick and well done!

What enhancements are you thinking of for the future?

Thank you for sharing!

Z

Edited by Zszree

This looks pretty awesome, @c__beck . It's definitely going in my Genesys Links folder so I can reach it easily.

Excellent tool, thank you.

Is it possible, that there is something wrong with the pierce item quality? It is the only one that does not affect the listed price.

Edit: I see it is treated like damage and only changes price with the damage intervals.

On the other hand breach is 1000 bucks/rating.

Maybe use 100 for pierce according to the "other positive qualities" pricing (and your breach pricing).

Edited by Rogues Rule
26 minutes ago, Rogues Rule said:

Maybe use 100 for pierce according to the "other positive qualities" pricing (and your breach pricing).

Nope, Pierce is working as intended. CRB200: “ With Pierce, just keep in mind that until you get to ratings of 5 or higher, you can think of your Pierce rating as the equivalent of adding damage to checks. ” So I treat it as adding damage.

15 hours ago, Zszree said:

How about a checkbox to turn on/off filtering or disabling Item Qualities for the weapon skill that is chosen. That would mean you'd have to put in that relationship between a Brawl/Melee vs Ranged skill and an item quality. There will be those edge cases for something like "why can't my knuckledusters have the blast quality?"

While a good idea, I don’t want to be the one who tells herself what kind of stuff they can and can’t build. Not only that, but I’m still new to programming so marking such a thing is going to be more effort than it’s worth, at this point.

Also, who says knuckledusters can’t have blast?

17 minutes ago, c__beck said:

Nope, Pierce is working as intended. CRB200: “ With Pierce, just keep in mind that until you get to ratings of 5 or higher, you can think of your Pierce rating as the equivalent of adding damage to checks. ” So I treat it as adding damage.

I know this passage, but I think it is wrong to put damage=pierce. Adversaries rarely have more than 3 soak, so weapons with a higher Pierce rating usually waste most of it. In addition there is reinforced armor that completely negates pierce.

Besides, especially for those weapons with a higher pierce rating, you get better results compared to puplished weapons if you take 100 bucks/ pierce rating.

Let's take the gauss rifle (SotB) as an example. Its price is 2000 in the books. Your App nets 3525, but would only net 2025 with 100/pierce.

6 hours ago, Rogues Rule said:

Let's take the gauss rifle (SotB) as an example. Its price is 2000 in the books. Your App nets 3525, but would only net 2025 with 100/pierce.

Almost none of the currently published weapons use these calculations, so comparing it to anything existing is a moot point.

I mean, let's look at the fletcher pistol, also SotB. Book price is 450. My values give it a price of 850 whiles yours, with 100/Pierce, would be 900.

Or how about the bog standard pistol? SotB book value of 300. Using the given numbers? 500.

That's a roundabout way of saying that the suggested price is just that: a suggestion. if you want Pierce to be 100/rank, then don't use my Pierce values. Make the rest of the weapon and just add it your way.

You'll find similar discrepancies with things like the archetype creation rules. Most of the existing archetypes and species have a different starting XP amount than the CRB rules suggest.

At the end of the day, I made this for myself and how I do things. I shared with the community so they can use it, too. I just don't have the time, energy or drive to make adjustments here and there for people with a different opinion on things.

23 hours ago, Zszree said:

What enhancements are you thinking of for the future?

I'm open to suggestions!

On 12/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, Rogues Rule said:

I know this passage, but I think it is wrong to put damage=pierce. Adversaries rarely have more than 3 soak, so weapons with a higher Pierce rating usually waste most of it. In addition there is reinforced armor that completely negates pierce.

Besides, especially for those weapons with a higher pierce rating, you get better results compared to puplished weapons if you take 100 bucks/ pierce rating.

Ok, so after going back over the weapon price points for a variety of weapons I concede your point. Pierce at the 100/rank is more inline and appropriate. The app has been updated.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for me to come to my senses 😛

@c__beck

Super cool!

Suggestion: I like how the Armor has suggested Encumbrance and HPs. Perhaps add that for Weapons?

16 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

Suggestion: I like how the Armor has suggested Encumbrance and HPs. Perhaps add that for Weapons?

The CRB has some pretty easy suggestions for encumbrance (page 199):

Brawl weapons should have an encumbrance of 1. Melee (Light) weapons and Ranged (Light) weapons should have an encumbrance of 1, maybe 2. Melee (Heavy) and Ranged (Heavy) weapons should have an encumbrance of 3 or 4. Gunnery weapons can have a lot of encumbrance, as much as 8 or 9.

I figured that since armor encumbrance was more variable I would include that. With weapon encumbrance being "choose one of two options" I didn't think it that important.

Also, with settings that don't use sub-skills it's harder to code in. In a fantasy game a crossbow and a throwing knife are both Ranged, but one would have an encumbrance of 3 and the other an encumbrance of 1. I'm sure I could figure it out, though.

Fair enough.