Dead or Dying?

By ClanNatioy2, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I've heard some pretty ominous things about this game about it not doing well and was wondering if this is true?

I've invested quite a bit of money in this game but stopped buying packs for but was thinking of starting it back up again and before I do I just wanted to get a feel on how this game is doing

TheKingOfBlades said:

I've heard some pretty ominous things about this game about it not doing well and was wondering if this is true?

I've invested quite a bit of money in this game but stopped buying packs for but was thinking of starting it back up again and before I do I just wanted to get a feel on how this game is doing

Currently, it's rather opposite: CoC (and LCGs in general) has been doing incredibly well. The forthcoming 'Deluxe' Epansion and the new three-copies-of-every-card AP show that there's nothing to fear for the near future.

I have to agree. Once you establish a core group who likes the game, whats not to like about the LCG format? Its definately easier on the wallet, and every so often you get expansion cards.

The downside is the game seems to be not as well know and may take a little more effort to establish a core group. So, run some demos!

Well, my friend, no one has invested any more than I have. I have bought three core sets and doubles of many of the asylum packs. I bought the bag o' cthulus and purchased the unused league kit from our FLGS. I split three boxes of SECRETS OF ARKHAM and have asked my FLGS to get the new LEAGUE NIGHT kit for me. I can't wait for WHISPERS IN THE DARK to reach my FLGS.

So, yeah, I love this game and I hope it continues. Yes, it is a hard sell. There are only two of us playing at my FLGS and we have two "part time" players.

But it is such a cool game system.

Just not that many people are familiar with the works of HP Lovecraft I have discovered so it's hard for them to identify with the basic concept. Now if it were based on the books by STEPHEN KING well that would be a different story, woudln't it?

That just means we've got our work cut out for us because this game and ARKHAM HORROR are great.

I'm gonna have to horn in on the bragging rights for investing big in cthulhu. I'm sure others here are up to that same challenge. But the point is the same.

It lives!

I should think the game is doing quite well ,what with the new "three-of-each" APs and the "deluxe" expansion.

Yes this game is a hard sell for some poeple, luckily all my gamer friends are into Lovecraft, but then on the other hand refuse to buy CCG (even if COCTLG is not techniacally that), so it has fallen to me to buy the cards if I want to play. Lucky fo me that I have had a lot of diposable income over the past year, so that I now have three core sets, two Secrets of Arkham and three of every Asylum pack except Spawn of the sleeper (which i only have two of) and Whispers in the Dark. But it has been a real hassle to track down all the APs, most shops in Denmark only have the core set and a few Dreamlands cycle Aps, so I have been all over the web to find them gran_risa.gif

I'm just speculating here, but I think a good place to demo this game would be at sci-fi and fantasy conventions. Even moreso than the gaming community, fans of SF&F widely recognize Cthulhu as a cult* meme representing unspeakable terror. And other, more serious fans of Lovecraft are an easy find at such events. Grabbing players who are into the flavor of the game as well as the mechanics is worth the extra effort, yes?

*Pardon the pun.