Share your combos!

By Ram, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Just to spice things up a little, lets share some fun combos or strategies! Deployment combos, Deployment + command cards that are a great match, ...

My favorite right now is the RGC with rProbe droids (and r/eStormtroopers). Probes can blow themselves up to trigger Executor (and stormies tend to die pretty often as well).

Bonus track: I have a bit of new found love for the Bantha and I have found that the simple addition of a Nexu together a eJawa+C3PO gets very nice double use of the Beast tamer for a more brutal version of the missile cats (Loth cats) piloted to high results in fairly recent tournamnet. Even the rNexu can realy dish out some nice damage.

Edited by Ram

Fun combos.

I always like the one where you get an extra action but then get stunned (To the Limit? I forget right now) and the one where you lose any harmful conditions (like stunned).

I also like using Chopper to push people away from someone who has the one where you get to attack them when they leave a space adjacent to you... Darn... really drawing a blank today!! ha. Probably should be working anyway... Shows I'm rusty with IA... sad.

If you can get the combo, Single Purpose, a Beast Tamer to move Brutality enabled Rancor, Crush, use brutality to attack twice, wild fury to become focused and use brutality again, then to the limit to get a 5th attack off. Yes you are bleeding and stunned but a 5 attack and 4 damage from crush will destroy things utterly. fun combo for sure

5 hours ago, Soontirbeblownup said:

If you can get the combo, Single Purpose, a Beast Tamer to move Brutality enabled Rancor, Crush, use brutality to attack twice, wild fury to become focused and use brutality again, then to the limit to get a 5th attack off. Yes you are bleeding and stunned but a 5 attack and 4 damage from crush will destroy things utterly. fun combo for sure

That.... is simply incredible.

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

That.... is simply incredible.

Or Horrid. Depending if you're using it or facing it

One of my favorite combos is Ahsoka-Deflection-Right Back at ya-Block token
Or JK Luke is good with deflection and block token as well

Another one of my favorite combos is Focused Ezra-Nearby Force User-Tools for the Job. I could probably add in more to this combo, ideas?

Here are a few:

To the Limit:
Onar - Move 4, then Rush 4, then TTL to attack, and he doesn't care about the Stun.
Jabba - Focus or Draw a Card, then use TTL to use Order Hit. Jabba can still use all of his abilities even while he's Stunned.
Chewie - Move 8 spaces then use Slam, and then you can use TTL to make an attack. Even though Slam doesn't use an action, since FFG ruled that it still counts as a special action with the black arrow symbol, it's still legal to trigger TTL off of it.
Pummel - Use something like Urgency or Force Jump as your first action, then play TTL and Pummel, which counts as one action that costs 2 actions.

Classic Vader/Luke combo, use Dark Energy/Force Push/Looking for a Fight to push an adjacent figure and then get a free attack with Parting Blow. Then use Unshakable or Price of Glory to remove the Stun immediately so Vader can still use Driven by Hatred EOR (he can still force choke even while stunned though).

Parting Blow with Shyla's whip by using Punishing Strike to change the Stun into a Weaken or Bleed.

Force Rush or Face to Face with Vader so he can Force Choke Move and attack in the same activation.

Self Defense when you step on someone with a massive figure.

Palpatine's Tempt and Disorient
Tempt and Opportunistic with IACP Boba to get an out-of-activation rocket or flamethrower

Classic Doubt + Tough Luck to remove an attacker's attack dice, hopefully the one that takes away enough accuracy to force a miss

Heroic Effort to put Hour of Need on the bottom so you don't draw it until later in the game.

Chewie and Slippery Target for a free move action after you slam someone.
Also Chewie and Hit and Run so you can close the distance after an attack to get a Slam.

Escalating Hostility and Rule by Fear is one I just learned this week. With 3 copies of EH in your deck, you're almost guarenteed to see 1 in your opening 5 with RBF, and so you pitch it to make the 2nd and 3rd copy stronger without having to play the weak 1st copy. Also works well with Zillo.

Targeting Network and Shared Experience with Zillo Technique for recurrable discard fodder.

Prey on the Weak with Vinto to help his multiple weak attacks push more damage through on 4-cost figures.

Ugnaughts with Terminal Protocol.

Everyone mentioned Wild Fury+Single Purpose with the Rancor which is super fun.

Those are some of the ones I know.

Edited by Tvboy
On 12/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, Tvboy said:

Everyone mentioned Wild Fury+Single Purpose with the Rancor which is super fun.

And To The Limit :)

My favorite is Wild Fury + To the Limit with Chewie. Most of the times opponents don't fear debts repaid from a bleeding and stunned Chewie. In that case, Rally can really mess up things...

Edited by Trevize84