Blaster Question

By KandyKidZero, in KeyForge

If I already have "Soandso's Blaster" attached to "Soandso", when I reap with them am I able to "attach" it to that character again even though it is already there and get the attach trigger?

You can't "re-attach" it to the card it's already attached to. However, if you have another "Soandso" in play, then you can move the blaster to the other "Soandso" and trigger the attach effect.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, darkflop said:

However, if you have another "Soandso" in play, then you can move the blaster to the other "Soandso" and trigger the attach effect.

general consensus on the discords seems to be that you actually can NOT do this. Has to do with self-referential text somehow. I don't entirely get it to be honest, but appranently you can not "hop" with blasters. Which makes my three Frane with blaster deck very sad.

Edited by Palpster
1 hour ago, Palpster said:

general consensus on the discords seems to be that you actually can NOT do this. Has to do with self-referential text somehow.

You are using creature (for ex. Frane) for reap/fight, not attached blaster, SO self-referential rules don't interupting here. In my opinion.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:42 PM, Palpster said:

general consensus on the discords seems to be that you actually can NOT do this. Has to do with self-referential text somehow. I don't entirely get it to be honest, but appranently you can not "hop" with blasters. Which makes my three Frane with blaster deck very sad.

Interesting... 🤔
Actually now that I read the Blaster text more carefully it makes sense.

Rules ref on "Self-referential text" states:

If a card's ability refers to its own title, that reference is only to itself and not to other copies of the card.

Blaster text is:

This creature gains, "Fight/reap: You may deal 2* to a creature, or attach Soandso's Blaster to Soandso."

The key part that I missed is "This creature gains" - therefore the ability is part of the creature and the Self-referential rule applies.

My bad! Thanks for pointing it out 😉