Name Change: Just a thing.

By KCDodger, in X-Wing Off-Topic

I don't like to make threads that put myself or anybody else in the spotlight but I got some folks asking for my old name back.

That ain't happening. There's a myriad of reasons behind it, but the simplest explanation is this.

KCDodger is the name that as a woman, I chose over a year ago going forward, building a new image for myself on the internet that would obsolete the older ones I've gone through in my attempt to find myself. Believe you me, this is that, found.

I don't know how many of you here on this forum are like me, but I'm trans. That's something I figured out about three and a half or so years ago now. Don't come at me with dergotoroy or gods forbid transmedicalist rhetoric. **** my girlfriend's the same way as I am, and we occupy the same space these days for what it's worth.

The closing months of this year have been an ordeal, but I am well, safe, and the best version of myself that I have ever been, but not the best I am ever going to be.

But my old name isn't coming back. Vestiges remain and I'm still the person you know.

But this Y-Wing's got a Fresh Bumper Sticker on it. (Look, this forum's colors, that was the closest I could get.)

Anyway.

81tAS9nByfL._SL1436_.jpg

Fight facism and stuff. Fly X-Wings or better yet Y-Wings.

At first when I didn't see Lackwit posting I was worried if something happened to you or maybe just decided to stop posting. Then this KCDodger I noticed had a similar post count to Lackwit and posts sounded similar. Looked at the account and realized the accounts were one and the same.

People go through change all the time, online accounts are no different. People change names or profile pictures so much, so this is no different.

Anyway, you are still you and its nice to know you are still around.

1 minute ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

At first when I didn't see Lackwit posting I was worried if something happened to you or maybe just decided to stop posting. Then this KCDodger I noticed had a similar post count to Lackwit and posts sounded similar. Looked at the account and realized the accounts were one and the same.

People go through change all the time, online accounts are no different. People change names or profile pictures so much, so this is no different.

Anyway, you are still you and its nice to know you are still around.

Thanks man.

Guri approves.

IMG-1099.jpg

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Guri approves.

IMG-1099.jpg

Guri says Trans Rights!

Good luck.

34 minutes ago, TopHatGorilla said:

Good luck.

Thanks. Done well thus far.

thanks for sharing, glad you're still here - name change confused me at first but I like it

also like the pin a lot, that's super cool

1 hour ago, KCDodger said:

Guri says Trans Rights!

beat me to it

You do you girl.

Also, if any fellow star wars nerds get upset with how someone else identifies this would be one of the worst things in the world. It would also let the rest of the community know that they don't understand the biggest idea of the entire franchise.

You guys are great! Thank you.