Creating an Endor fan expansion/Campaign

By ArcticJedi, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hello Friends! Since there will be no more IA physical content, I was thinking that it might be fun, as a community, to create an Endor Expansion/Campaign.

Please note, I'd like to be able to use any new mechanics and characters in skirmish.

Rebel Allies:
Ewok Warriors(or should we make them archers?)

Captain Rex(He was the white bearded ranger seen in return of the jedi)

Ewok Glider

Who else? I can't think of anyone who isn't already in beside these two. Any ideas?

Imperial Villains:
Scout Troopers

Non-canon Imperial Villain(of our design)

Inferno Squad(Either as a single deployment or as multiple deployments)

Who else?

Scum Villains:
Endor Wildlife

What else could we use?

Rebel Heroes:
Melee Character(I have an idea but I don't know if it'll fit with the theme)

Droid Hero(I was thinking a BX commando droid)

Ranged

Another alien hero

What do ya'll think? I was thinking of using a Character I've created... But I think he'd fit better in a The Mandalorian or Jedi: Fallen Order Expansion.

Name Ideas anyone?

I was thinking that the campaign could be about a taking down other imperial installations on endor and then progressing to the battle of Jakku or something similar, or the buildup to the battle of Endor. I have no preference.

Weapon Ideas?
Ewok Spears

What else?

Crates?

Sidemissions

Opening mission.

Finale.

Campaign Length

Let's get our brains working on this.

The Shivering Saber Jockey,

-Arctic

P.S. I have a slack set up if anyone wants to join in and help with development

Edited by ArcticJedi
Notification

So here's my Hero:

Arctic-Wolf-Waker-Healthy.png

Arctic-Wolf-Waker-Un-Healthy.png

Here's his starting weapon:

Start-Weapon-Arctic.png

His 1xp's
Electric-Judgement.png

Loyal-Assistant-Image.png

The Loyal Assistant
Bd-53-image-png.png

2xp's

Mandalorian-Armor-card.png

Dikut-Picture.png

3xp's

Armored-Arsenal-Image.png

Artifact-Hunter-image.png

4xp's

Shock-Repulse-image.png

Arctic-039-s-Saber-card-image.png

Thoughts? What should I nerf, what should I buff? What do you think really requires play-testing(I made these yesterday). Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: All cards have been fixed except for BD-53, I still need to figure out a new ability.

Edited by ArcticJedi

Comments:

Shield Shock : Doesn't define either "limit once per round", or "(once) during your activation".

Loyal Assistant: the bottom ability should define timing so that you cannot use it outside of your activation. (I think Gain: is superfluous, and allows you to fit "put to play" in the bottom ability.

BD-53: Adjacent to what? (although it becomes apparent later) - What does attached mean? If it's not a new game mechanism (which I think it should not be - the name suggests there would be rather many rules you would need to define), it's just flavor and not needed in the ability. Rules note on Power Surge: It still cannot open a locked door. (Locked doors can only be opened as specified by mission rules.)

Mandalorian Armor: Are there two abilities or one? The second seems to be "while defending", which is active until depleted. There's a timing issue with the top ability: once depleted, the abilities are no longer active.

Dikut! : Enemy -> hostile. What is "move voluntarily"? Perform a move? Maybe you mean "voluntarily exits its space"? 'may gain' is superfluous, because abilities with a cost are optional, and you don't need to spend the gained movement point. (And maybe "may move 1 space" would be more suitable). You will also need additional timing: "before the figure exits its space".. There's a command card with the mechanism, so look at that. Or rewrite to work with "2strain: when a hostile figure enters a space in your line of sight".

Armored Arsenal : Suggest "Exhaust to choose 1..." Push any figure (including massive ) anywhere on the map? Deal damage is not defined. Suggest "Choose a hostile figure to suffer 2dmg." Again, anywhere on the map? Usually the singular of dice is die. Gaining mobile without other restrictions can cause issues - at least require that you cannot end movement in impassable or blocking terrain. Also, it's much too powerful because right now there is no "during your activation". So, "1strain: Exhaust during your activation to choose 1 of the following..."

Artifact Hunter : You are then guaranteed to find Valuable Goods every mission for the cost of one action. BD-53 cannot interact with a crate, only heroes can.

Shock Repulse : you already have "up to", so "may" is superfluous. "may be" is also confusing - it makes it appear that the owner of the ability doesn't do the push. I don't understand what "all figures adjacent to them" means.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Comments:

Shield Shock : Doesn't define either "limit once per round", or "(once) during your activation".

Loyal Assistant: the bottom ability should define timing so that you cannot use it outside of your activation. (I think Gain: is superfluous, and allows you to fit "put to play" in the bottom ability.

BD-53: Adjacent to what? (although it becomes apparent later) - What does attached mean? If it's not a new game mechanism (which I think it should not be - the name suggests there would be rather many rules you would need to define), it's just flavor and not needed in the ability. Rules note on Power Surge: It still cannot open a locked door. (Locked doors can only be opened as specified by mission rules.)

Mandalorian Armor: Are there two abilities or one? The second seems to be "while defending", which is active until depleted. There's a timing issue with the top ability: once depleted, the abilities are no longer active.

Dikut! : Enemy -> hostile. What is "move voluntarily"? Perform a move? Maybe you mean "voluntarily exits its space"? 'may gain' is superfluous, because abilities with a cost are optional, and you don't need to spend the gained movement point. (And maybe "may move 1 space" would be more suitable). You will also need additional timing: "before the figure exits its space".. There's a command card with the mechanism, so look at that. Or rewrite to work with "2strain: when a hostile figure enters a space in your line of sight".

Armored Arsenal : Suggest "Exhaust to choose 1..." Push any figure (including massive ) anywhere on the map? Deal damage is not defined. Suggest "Choose a hostile figure to suffer 2dmg." Again, anywhere on the map? Usually the singular of dice is die. Gaining mobile without other restrictions can cause issues - at least require that you cannot end movement in impassable or blocking terrain. Also, it's much too powerful because right now there is no "during your activation". So, "1strain: Exhaust during your activation to choose 1 of the following..."

Artifact Hunter : You are then guaranteed to find Valuable Goods every mission for the cost of one action. BD-53 cannot interact with a crate, only heroes can.

Shock Repulse : you already have "up to", so "may" is superfluous. "may be" is also confusing - it makes it appear that the owner of the ability doesn't do the push. I don't understand what "all figures adjacent to them" means.

Thank you for your advice! I didn't realize that I had that many... mistakes in my cards. I'll fix them right away

I'll do it in reverse order...

Shock Repulse
"all figures adjacent to them" is supposed to convey that when you push the enemy if they end up in a space adjacent to another figure(or figures), that figure takes damage.

Artifact Hunter
I didn't know that Bd-53 couldn't interact, thanks. I see the problem with valuable goods. Maybe I should make a supply card(s) called "artifact" or something that you can find.

Armored Arsenal
I'll make sure to fix all that so it's as I thought it was.

Dikut!
"Maybe you mean "voluntarily exits its space"?" Yes, that's what I meant, I'll also change it to "move 1 space" and "before the figure exits its space"

Mandalorian Armor
I'll change the wording to: "Exhaust(?) this card.... at the end of this round deplete this card" would that work? or is there better wording for it?

BD-53
I'll change the wording to "If adjacent to Arctic Storm-Mandalorian Archaeologist , take your figure off the board. He becomes Focused." and "If you performed a Backpack Droid action last activation, place your self adjacent to Arctic Storm-Mandalorian Archaeologist, and move one space" Will that fix that?

Loyal Assistant
Hmm... I'll keep 'Gain:' there for now, I'll change that. I will make it so that the ability is 'before or after your activation'.

Shield Shock
I'll make it so it's 'once during your activation'.

Did I miss anything? should I change the name of any of the abilities?

Edit: The proposed change to 'Jump off' is too long. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Edited by ArcticJedi

Iden-Versio-card-picture.png

Here's a proposed Iden Empire card. For the proposed Endor Expansion.

At the start of a mission there are no figures on the map. Maybe "When you're deployed, ..." (Uniques cannot be redeployed by any means once defeated, and initial groups are also deployed.)

Loyal Assistant's V3 is out, anything else @a1bert ?

Shield Shock: Did you mean "once per your activation"? The added limit of once per any activation doesn't limit that much...

Loyal Assistant: "your deployed" -> "you are deployed".

Backpack Droid: "Next round," is not well-defined. I'm not sure, but I think a figure not on the map cannot activate, so you can't use BD's activation as a trigger.

Mandalorian Armor: I'm not happy with the deplete giving a persistent effect for the round, because you can't easily track the effect. How about something like: "Exhaust at the start of the round to gain ..... Instead of readying, deplete this card."

Dikut!: the "move 1 space" is not optional - "move up to 1 space" would be better.

Armored Arsenal still has issues with the Mobile option. (When the Mobile wears off, the figure can be in invalid space.)

Artifact Hunter: supply cards use the Valuable trait. There are other such cards than Valuable Goods, so you may want to use that. See Ko-Tun's abilities for reference.

Shock Repulse: Still didn't quite get it. Does the pushed figure suffer the damage or the figures adjacent to the pushed figure? "all figures adjacent..." should probably be "any" from your description. "suffer 1dmg" means you suffer 1dmg, which was not your intent. Did you mean "each pushed figure suffers 1dmg"? I.e. "Then, if a pushed figure is adjacent to another figure, the pushed figure suffers 1dmg."? (Then acts as a sequencer, thus you need to push all figures first, and then continue with the rest.)

Minor grammatical issue on Mandalorian Armor, first ability: dice is plural, die is singular.

Regarding units: the Ewoks should probably be the Scum/Merc units since the rebels didn't befriend them until right before the final battle. Maybe rebel units can include Bothan spies. I would think we'd see the Saboteurs quite a bit too, unless someone sees a need for a new explosives expert unit.

33 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Minor grammatical issue on Mandalorian Armor, first ability: dice is plural, die is singular.

Technically, that's not true. But for the sake of most people, and consistency with ffg's stuff, I'll switch it to die.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Shield Shock: Did you mean "once per your activation"? The added limit of once per any activation doesn't limit that much...

Yes, that is what I meant, I'll fix it.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Loyal Assistant: "your deployed" -> "you are deployed".

Backpack Droid: "Next round," is not well-defined. I'm not sure, but I think a figure not on the map cannot activate, so you can't use BD's activation as a trigger.

I'll fix the deployment thing.

I don't know how to fix it than, maybe just give him a different ability? Since that obviously is to much of a logistical problem for me to work out in the current rules.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Mandalorian Armor: I'm not happy with the deplete giving a persistent effect for the round, because you can't easily track the effect. How about something like: "Exhaust at the start of the round to gain ..... Instead of readying, deplete this card."

I will fix it.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Dikut!: the "move 1 space" is not optional - "move up to 1 space" would be better.

Will do that.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Armored Arsenal still has issues with the Mobile option. (When the Mobile wears off, the figure can be in invalid space.)

I'll add "You cannot end your turn on invalid space".

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Artifact Hunter: supply cards use the Valuable trait. There are other such cards than Valuable Goods, so you may want to use that. See Ko-Tun's abilities for reference.

I'll fix that, thank you for giving me that tip.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Shock Repulse: Still didn't quite get it. Does the pushed figure suffer the damage or the figures adjacent to the pushed figure? "all figures adjacent..." should probably be "any" from your description. "suffer 1dmg" means you suffer 1dmg, which was not your intent. Did you mean "each pushed figure suffers 1dmg"? I.e. "Then, if a pushed figure is adjacent to another figure, the pushed figure suffers 1dmg."? (Then acts as a sequencer, thus you need to push all figures first, and then continue with the rest.)

I will fix it so the text says(all changes are in bold):
"After you perform a "Shield Shock", deplete this card, each figure within 2 spaces becomes weakened and may be pushed up to 2 spaces. After they are pushed, any figures adjacent to the pushed figure suffers 1 dmg ." does that clear up the problem? My intent is that the figures that get pushed deal damage to figures that they end up by.

I imagine that, while doing shield shock, my character slams his shield into the ground sending force lightning(via electric judgement, the light side version) into the ground, damaging the surrounding opponents, and this adds on by him sending out a force repulse, knocking the electrified enemies into those behind them(if there are any) and the electricity damages them. Does that clear up the intent of this move?

Okay, Either later today or sometime tomorrow I will update the cards, but before I do that, I am going to post the text so you guys can check for mistakes.

On another note, can someone give me suggestions for BD-53's new power? I would Like to make it some power that allows him to A( Interact or B( Give some combat boost to the hero(es).

Also, a1bert, I honestly didn't see how confusingly I wrote the last bit of text until today, so thank you for that, as well as the rest of the help you have given me.

Please note that I am posting these directly from the Kensei Imperial Assault suite card creator/editor, with all the fiddly bits attached, because I'm too tired to go through every single one to make it look less like code.

Loyal Assistant
<skill>Loyal Assistant</skill>: After you are deployed, put BD-53 in to play in an adjacent space. BD-53 activates at the start or end of your activation. BD-53 is not counted for the purposes of control.
<skill>Repair BD! 2<strain></skill>: At the start or end of your activation, if BD-53 is not in play, put him in an adjacent space.

Mandalorian Armor
You may reroll one defense dice.
<bar>
At the start of a round exhaust this card. During this round, add 1 black defense dice to your defense pool. You may reroll up to 2 defense dice.
The next time you would ready this card, instead, deplete it.

Dikut!
<skill>2<strain>:</skill> When an enemy figure in your line of sight within 2 spaces voluntarily exits its space, before the figure exits its space, Move up to 1 space and perform a <melee> attack targeting that figure.

Artifact Hunter
<skill>1<strain>:</skill> BD-53 may interact with supply crates for the rest of the round.
<bar>
Exhaust this card when you or BD-53 interacts with a supply crate, you may take 2 supply cards instead of 1, or you may search through the supply deck for a supply card of your choice, as long as the supply card does not have the <trait>Valuble</trait> trait.

Armored Arsenal
<skill>1<strain>:</skill> Exhaust this card, and choose 1 of the following:
Push a small figure within 2 spaces up to 3 spaces
<bar>
Choose a hostile figure within 3 spaces, perform an attack using 1 red attack die, this attack gains Blast 1<damage>
<bar>
Gain mobile until the end of the round. You cannot end your turn on invalid space.

Shock Repulse
<skill>2<strain>:</skill>After you perform a "Shield Shock", deplete this card, each figure within 2 spaces becomes weakened and may be pushed up to 2 spaces. After they are pushed, any figures adjacent to the pushed figure suffers 1<damage>.

Edited by ArcticJedi

Idea for the campaign; Your a team of rebels in the lead up to the battle of endor. 1 of the new heroes is a Bothan, 1 is a Separatist commando droid, and 1 is A( The hero we've been discussing, or B( A Nautolan.

Opening mission is taking down a portion of the imperial defenses around Sullust.

Final Mission is taking down an Imperial AA canon during the battle of Endor or something of the like.

Thoughts?

Oh, starting at Sullust is something I hadn't considered. I like it!

You've put a lot good work into this hero so I'd say we go with him. A combat droid is a good idea. As for a bothan hero... well, I'm not at all opposed but we have one and there are other interesting species. The Nautolan would be one, or a noghri melee character maybe? I don't know the story with the noghri in the new canon, but I guess it wouldn't work in Legends. I just like the idea of a small vicious melee character. Oh, what about a Shistavanen?

12 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Oh, starting at Sullust is something I hadn't considered. I like it!

You've put a lot good work into this hero so I'd say we go with him. A combat droid is a good idea. As for a bothan hero... well, I'm not at all opposed but we have one and there are other interesting species. The Nautolan would be one, or a noghri melee character maybe? I don't know the story with the noghri in the new canon, but I guess it wouldn't work in Legends. I just like the idea of a small vicious melee character. Oh, what about a Shistavanen?

I completely forgot that Mak was a Bothan. Shistavanen would be interesting, but could they work as support unit? Perhaps he could be a fast spy that favors knives, and gathers intel of some sort. I'm currently opposed to using the Noghri until we know more about them in canon. I treat legends as true until canon has replaced it with something else.

Hero name ideas:

BX Droid Commando:
BX-2289
"Mr. Roger"(or is that too cheesy?)

Nautolan Operative:
Female
Emi Kofil

Shistavanen Spy:
Male
Gan Seft

and then obviously we have my hero. I was wondering if we should change his name to Arctic Stormwolf? Does that sound better?

Starting Weapons:

Mr. Roger's starting weapon will be an E-5.

Emi Kofil's starting weapon will be either a Sniper Rifle of some kind or a heavy rifle

Gan Seft's starting weapon will be a combat knife.

Hero Class Deck type:

Mr. Roger will be a quick close range take down style thing.

Emi Kofil will either be a long range sniper or heavy close assault trooper

Gan Seft will provide intelligence and stab people.

Attributes

Mr. Roger will be Strength: 3 dice Insight: 1 die and Engineering: 2 dice

Emi Kofil will be Strength: 2 dice Insight: 3 dice and Engineering: 1 die

Gan Seft will be Strenght: 2 dice Insight: 2 dice and engineering 2 dice

What am I missing? Do you like the names or how I envision them? should I change something?

Edited by ArcticJedi

Name Idea for expansion:
Empire's Fall

Emi Kolfi update: Shotgun as starting weapon, Engineering 2 dice

Empire's Fall Missions

Mission 1
Take down Imperial Defenses on Sullusr

Mission 2
Liberate Sullust Freedom Fighters from Mines

Hub 1 (This is an area that you can walk around in and buy stuff, just for a little more role-play value. I'll make this optional, but I feel a lot of people will play this for fun)
MC80 Star Cruiser, "Dac's Shallows"

Side-mission 1

Mission 3
Defend the "Dac's Shallows" Hangar from imperial/pirate(haven't decided which yet) boarding parties

Hub2A (if you fail mission 3)
MC80 Star Cruiser, "Dac's Shallows" cargo bay

Hub2B (if you succeed on mission 3)
Sullust Market

Mission 4A
Recapture the ships bridge(if you fail misson 3)

Side-mission 2

Mission 5
Capture Imperial Shuttle 'Tydirium'.

Side-mission 3

Mission 6
Secure Advanced position to assault an Imperial Installation

Finale
Take down Imperial Installation on endor(It's either a research center or it's a planetary AA canon, can't decide)

Any changes that you guys think might be better?

-Arctic

Also, @a1bert , Whenever it says once per activation, it means once per your activation, and most of the cards have it worded like that. Am I incorrectly assuming that that is how it is supposed to work?

"Limit once per activation" does mean any activation.

I think the language you're looking for comes in the timing phrase of most abilities. So I think the abilities would start with "Once during your activation..." or maybe start with "During your activation..." and end with "Limit once per round."

"Limit once per activation" applies to any activation (and you cannot use the ability if it's not anyone's activation, such as during start or end of round).

You can only perform actions during your activation (and not on other figure's activation) , so a limit can be left out if the ability is a special action (and special actions are limited to once per activation anyway) or connected to performing a special action . A lot of abilities also have the "during your activation" timing, and thus can only happen during your activation , so specifying "your" again is not needed .

Edited by a1bert
Reworded

Thank you for clarifying that for me, I'll make sure to get the updated images up

I finally figured out how to fix Bd-53, here's his new ability:

<action>Overcharge: Choose an adjacent figure, the next time that figure performs an attack, apply +2<damage> to the attack. After this attack resolves, suffer 1<damage>.

Any problems with this ability?

BD-53 has been updated

Okay, here are the Hero Archetypes:

Arctic Wolfwaker: Speedy Tank

Emi Kolfil: Squad Commander

Mr. Roger: Infiltrator

Gan Seft: Beast Master

Any qualms or changes?

1 hour ago, ArcticJedi said:

<action>Overcharge: Choose an adjacent figure, the next time that figure performs an attack, apply +2<damage> to the attack. After this attack resolves, suffer 1<damage>.

Any problems with this ability?

Would simply giving the target figure a surge power token be about the same thematically, but easier to keep track of? i.e.

<action>Overcharge: Choose an adjacent figure to gain a <surge power token>. You suffer 1<damage>.

I don't know... I like how it is now, but I will think about it. I was thinking that it overcharges the blaster, adding extra damage.