New Starships inbound from Makwiesel

By Makwiesel, in Terrain Building

Hey everyone,

I like to build big ships for my battlefield and I have put some of them up here.. the next stage is to build them out with functional interior space for better dioramas and cool play- inside possibilities.

I have this line that I have built and am now test printing. When I verify they all work I will put them up on my Patreon and website for folks to buy. Not being greedy, just need to cover some of the development costs (PC, CAD software, printer, mass of failed test prints etc)

If you like - or hate- and have any feedback for how to make them better or something you'd like to see, let me know!

rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true

I'm a moron and didn't realize the pictures were not carrying their captions...

The First is the MCB-LW1 Gunship. It's complement of a twin blaster cannon, Ion Cannon, and twin laser cannon makes it a good heavy hitter for its weight class. You'll note that it has 3 of a more powerful engine giving it good speed.

Next is the MCB-1B3 Light Freighter (shown with the less common 2-engine setup used by poor smugglers, In this configuration, the ship is unarmed.

Next is the MCB-SA7 Shuttle, shown with its normal engine set and this ship is also unarmed.

Next is the MCB-ET8 Hopper, shown with dual engines and no armament.

Last is the MCB-LW1 Gunship showing the removable roofs and opened Airlock doors (inside and out) but with the clamshell doors of the back closed

How big are they compared to Legion scale?

I wonder how the gunship would look in Separatist blue and grey...?

2 hours ago, ResoluteHusky said:

How big are they compared to Legion scale?

They are exactly legion scale. Minis inside these pics to show the scale... https://adventurersstew.com/

rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true rs=w:370,m,cg:true

Also I will be spinning them down to X-Wing scale and the rough translated Armada scale to be used in representing those fights (Those variants will all be landing gear up and closed hatches)

1 hour ago, Blackreach said:

I wonder how the gunship would look in Separatist blue and grey...?

Sadly my CAD tool makes painting things once assembled for printing pretty much impossible- but if you print one and paint it in those colors I'd love to see it!

The MCB-1B3 Light Freighter is live and ready for download!

https://adventurersstew.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmcb-1b3-light-freighter

or

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-mcb-1b3-salamander-light-freighter-107351

720X720-20191212-224616.jpg

720X720-20191212-224658.jpg

The whole fleet will be up this weekend I am just finishing batching the parts- as you can see the test prints all came out fine!

720X720-20191206-170939.jpg

Edited by Makwiesel
first post included incorrect link

very impressive sir.

6 hours ago, magnumhan said:

very impressive sir.

Thank you! If you make one I'd love to see what direction you go with the paintjob!

My Newt Shuttle is up and ready to go!

https://midnightskygames.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmcb-sa7-newt-shuttle

Check it out... This smaller ship is still big enough to deliver a full squad to the table and makes a great objective for a sort of "Get to the Chopper!" mission.

rs=w:1300,h:800

This line of ships at stage 1 is complete and now I will be working on add-on weapons modules for those who wish to arm these civilian vessels and a crashed one for those who just love going after what's broken...

Let me know if you'd like to see anything added or changed and if you have ideas for other ships you'd like me to help you bring to the table!

Where did you print thw a wing?

These are really nice

What's your next plan/ship/terrain?

I found the A-Wing on Thingiverse and printed it on my Anycubic Photon because I had a half dozen of the Micromachines A-Wings which I loved but they come no where near Legion Scale.

Up next is finishing the interior of my Calypso's Stinger then working on a Slicer's Orbital Slicing rig and a larger carrier for a team more focused on running a squadron of starfighters. OH and making pilot/ crew character models for each ship as exemplars of what you'd find flying them.

And of course I am open to ideas from other hobbyists- ultimately I do this for the love of the hobby and storytelling!