Advice to a newbie

By Pippiolina, in Arkham Horror

Hi everyone! I'm Silvia, and I write from Italy (so please, pardon my English mistakes).

I'm a long time Lovecraft fan and I'd like to play with Arkham Horror.
I want to buy the english edition, but I've seen there are many versions of the basic set: which one do you recommend? Are there substantial differences among them?

Another question: I've read several people recommending to the newbies like me to start with Eldritch Horror instead of Arkham Horror, in order to have an easier and better introduction to the Lovecraft card game universe. What do you think? Is this a sound advice? Which one should I chose as my first, AH or EH?

Thanks! 😊

What do you mean by many versions? I assume you mean this one (Arkham Horror 3rd Edition):

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-third-edition/

There is an older 2nd edition which is no longer in print. There is also a card game version (LCG = living card game).

Are you asking which of these (Arkham Horror 3rd Edition, Arkham Horror LCG, Eldritch Horror) to buy? That depends on your preferences. Do you like more of a guided story, or something open-ended focusing more on mechanics? How long do you want to spend playing it? How many players?