Tyrants & Tribunes: A Superhero ruleset

By BringBackForbiddenStars, in Your Settings

Hi!

Tyrants & Tribunes is meant to stay as close to core Genesys as possible while mimicking a Super Hero experience. This is very much an alpha that still needs testing, gear, and updates; however, there are custom character sheets to sell the super hero feeling with enough of the rules established to run a few sessions. I'm working on this regularly and do have a massive update in the works to flesh this out to a full game. Stay tuned for more if this does peak your interest. In order to get the fullest out of Tyrants & Tribunes you will need Realms of Terrinoth for Heroic abilities. If you don't have Realms of Terrinoth, take a look at the Adventures of Azeroth Warcraft conversion for similar rules:

Manual:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dy9ay1yS7nlVHqTPP8-X9QKIc5YOYcax

Character Sheets:

Form-fillable:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14oCoEVRDKhgL8DukqQ1qmNHKafGGjRVr

Standard:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XwnBMG-13dNJ_AJn0gRAmrbyRLGQzPJA

Edited by BringBackForbiddenStars

I only see a link to the character sheet (which looks great, btw!). Is there a link available to the setting for us to look at?

I fixed the link, try taking a look now.

I've also made a large number of updates this morning. The biggest change to Genesys is the inclusion of narrative combat. I'm a huge fan of the Powered by the Apocalypse game City of Mist. This is another game that focuses on super powers. If you are familiar with that system I'm taking elements of that and folding it into the Genesys system. I've added additional rules to give the GM more resource to play with during this. I've also added an example to help illustrate how this would play out

Edited by BringBackForbiddenStars

I've added the latest update. I split up the manual a bit with an additional GM section on the end. I plan on adding more content to this sectionfor running a game of Tyrant & Tribunes and dealing with power inbalances. I've changed how powers work and updated the character sheet to reflect this. The Iron-Man archetype has been reworked to focus on crafting bonuses, so you can create additional equipment throughout gameplay. I've also added a large number of weapons and talents. There's also an update to how power limits work, so you can tailor talents to create the specific hero you have in mind. This setting is still lacking a proper list of gear. Pluck through Shadow of the Beanstalk or reflavor other gear for the time being.

GMBinder seems to a bit messed up at the moment. The pages are printing a bit bizarrely. Future versions should hopefully be more readable (currently talents jump between columns half-way through a description).

New version! It looks like GM binder's printing is fixed.

Archetypes have been cleaned up. Some gear has been added. Talents have been adjusted. I can't remember how much techniques were expanded on in the last version. The real key to getting Genesys to feel like a super hero game is on the final page. By adjusting what the characteristic and skill levels actually meant everything feels bigger and more appropriate.