PDFs of Huge Ship & Epic Rules/Scenarios

By pakirby, in X-Wing Epic Play

Like the core set rule book, are there PDF versions of the huge ship & epic rules? I’d rather have them on my iPad rather than carrying the paper copies of the rules around...

That's a really good point. I would recommend scanning it for your own personal use. They won't put the scenarios up in a pdf.

However, there is a rules reference here on the X-wing product page if you just want the rules.

The rules for Huge ships were added to the Core Rules PDF. And there's a PDF of the Epic Battles rules reference sheet. There is no PDF for the actual Epic Battles rule booklet that contains all the scenarios.

If you had a PDF of the scenarios, you reduce the need to actually buy the product significantly. I have been taking mine to work, but I need to remember to actually take it out of my backpack and take it to game night tonight!

Honestly, I'm excited that I may be able to use the tokens in Epic Battles to run 1st edition scenarios too.

22 minutes ago, Faerie1979 said:

Honestly, I'm excited that I may be able to use the tokens in Epic Battles to run 1st edition scenarios too.

Yeah, they will help with the older scenarios, Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, Flight Group Alpha, and any weird stuff we make up on the fly.

I made my own pdfs

20 hours ago, heychadwick said:

If you had a PDF of the scenarios, you reduce the need to actually buy the product significantly. I have been taking mine to work, but I need to remember to actually take it out of my backpack and take it to game night tonight!

You still need the cards/wing tools to properly play epic scenarios

16 minutes ago, pakirby said:

You still need the cards/wing tools to properly play epic scenarios

That's both true and false at the same time. The token cards could probably be proxied fairly easily. And you can use the speed 1 strait maneuver template to get the spacing/positioning for wingmates once the wing leader is done moving.

In regard to the scenarios, I understand not having a PDF available for the sake of making the expansion more enticing to buy. However, would anyone be willing to just tell me if all the scenarios require a 6x3 play area, or do some use a 3x3? I'm asking because the table where I play was barely big enough to contain a 6x3 game and all the cards, tokens, etc required for a 1st edition epic game. It's doable, but if all the scenarios require that big of a space, I'd be less inclined to buy it since it probably wouldn't be used much because of the set up time and space.

5 hours ago, Sleepyjedi said:

In regard to the scenarios, I understand not having a PDF available for the sake of making the expansion more enticing to buy. However, would anyone be willing to just tell me if all the scenarios require a 6x3 play area, or do some use a 3x3? I'm asking because the table where I play was barely big enough to contain a 6x3 game and all the cards, tokens, etc required for a 1st edition epic game. It's doable, but if all the scenarios require that big of a space, I'd be less inclined to buy it since it probably wouldn't be used much because of the set up time and space.

Five of the eleven scenarios play on 3x3, so almost half will easily fit your table.

Two where each player has only one ship on the mat at a time:
Epic Escalation (similar to regular escalation, if your ship blows up you get your next, stronger one), 2-8 players, needs two core sets for the "spawn" tokens
Aces High (the one they streamed, ships that got destroyed respawn at the start of the round), 2-8 players, 2 core sets for spawns

Three where each player fields a list:
Atmospheric Entry and Passing Engagement, 2 players
Key Cargo Retrieval, 3 players

The scenarios where a bunch of players can bring quite sizable lists do require 6x3 ofc. Some of them can have a total of 2000+ pts on the mat after all.

Some use 3x3.

16 hours ago, Sleepyjedi said:

As @Chudley said, some use 3x3. In fact, 5 out of the 11 scenarios use the 3x3 field, so you should get some good use out of it. Obviously you'll get more use out of Epic battles with a larger playing surface.

Thanks. Knowing that almost half are 3x3 does entice me to buy it. I'm sure I'll still play the 6x3 scenarios and normal games because my friends did enjoy 1st edition epic it was just more of a process to set up so we didn't play as much. Having a few scenarios to mix it up might encourage us to play epic more.

I have pdfs

Thanks, but I'm good. The only reason I was looking for PDFs to begin with was to figure out the play area

I've managed to lose my Epic Battles Rulebook. Getting access to a PDF of it would be extremely helpful.

Same