Fact: FFG needs to do 'The Mandalorian' as an expansion pack for this STAT!

By xanderf, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Sooooo much Outer Rim goodness! And even in the pilot episode alone (barely a spoiler), we're introduced to the idea of a guild which totally makes sense of a lot of things in Outer Rim in the first place.

Nevermind all the awesome new characters, with actually fresh and unknown stories to tell, unlike the worn-down-to-nothing characters we've seen so far.

ALSO! New factions! I mean, how odd is it that the Empire has a hard time finding any Rebels, when apparently there are so many patrolling the Outer Rim it's an actual problem for bounty hunters and smugglers? Well, this is far enough out, we could see Imperial Remnant, First Order, New Republic, Resistance, Hutts and Black Sun and Crimson Dawn and...I mean, a lot of options for more believable 'patrol threats'.

This needs to happen, ASAP! I have spoken!

Yeah, I would love to see that happen. But to be honest, and I hate being pessimistic, something seems to be up with FFG in general. I don't know if it's the new Asmodee owners or what, but FFG's output in general has slowed WAY down. A few years ago, a game like this would have at least one expansion announced by now if not released and another one or two in the pipeline. The relative mute chatter from FFG about ALL of their product lines is a bit disconcerting. Just look at their "Upcoming" page. It's barely updated these days and even then there are few products that are not reprints in their production schedule. The recent Q&A with Andrew Navarro was a step in the right direction, but did little to assuage these fears that FFG is not doing so well overall. Obviously, they could just be undergoing an internal restructuring that they are not making public and this is the reason for the sparse product release rate as of late, but the silence on their part does not instill much confidence.

Mandalorian and Solo would be two great places to look for content. Even Rebels has some goodness not yet tapped.

This is mandatory!

...LOL...…."Mando--tory"......

On 12/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, Rueco said:

This is mandatory!

You could say...this is the way.

Bounty hunting can be a complicated profession - making an Outer Rim expansion using The Mandalorian as inspiration is uncomplicated (in some regards). I have spoken.

TAKE MY MONEY FFG...you listening!!!???

Would be awesome, also there are some more great characters/ships missing from the roster:

Hera/Kanan + Ghost

Mandalorian + Razor Crest

Dash Render + Outrider

Kyle Katarn + Moldy Crow

Mara Jade + Z-95?

But definitely another expansion.

I recently started playing Outer Rim and was searching today for any info about an expansion, which is how I found this thread.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:52 AM, General_Grievous said:

Would be awesome, also there are some more great characters/ships missing from the roster:

Hera/Kanan + Ghost

Mandalorian + Razor Crest

Dash Render + Outrider

Kyle Katarn + Moldy Crow

Mara Jade + Z-95?

But definitely another expansion.

Those are great choices for new character and ships. I think Sabine Wren is another character option for the Ghost -- although it would be cool to have a renegade Jedi character like Kanan Jarrus.

I suggested Mara Jade as new character in another Outer Rim expansion thread. The Z-95 is a suitable choice as Mara Jade's starter ship, but I'd like to see the Jade's Fire or Jade Sabre as her Upgraded Ship.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, Darth Crosis said:

I recently started playing Outer Rim and was searching today for any info about an expansion, which is how I found this thread.

Those are great choices for new character and ships. I think Sabine Wren is another character option for the Ghost -- although it would be cool to have a renegade Jedi character like Kanan Jarrus.

I suggested Mara Jade as new character in another Outer Rim expansion thread. The Z-95 is a suitable choice as Mara Jade's starter ship, but I'd like to see the Jade's Fire or Jade Sabre as her Upgraded Ship.

Yes that would be awesome as well as a ship for her. And Sabine is another solid choice. I would be ok with no Kanan if we got Kyle Katarn and Cal Kestis instead.

Ive only played this solo but that is very enjoyable, if a bit too quick.

Whatever they put into any expansion, I really hope it also comes with additions to the solo play. Like being able to play with more than a single AI!

Can I make a copy of the AI deck? Then play against 2 AI’s? Or would that not work?