Damage roles defying statistic or is it normal to do no damage for a long time?

By Nesutizale, in X-Wing Battle Reports

I just bought the 2nd Edition starter box and played 3 games so far.

All of them where stopped at about 1hour play because there wasn't even a scatch on the paint so to speak.

First game, basic rules, no damage at all.
Second game, full rules, the X-Wings shields where down.
Third game, full rules, 2 damage. One on a Tie, one on the XW shields.

Even trying to use Focus as much as possible by not using stress manovers and allways placeing focus tokens...no luck.

So does one just have to play longer to finaly get the damage done or is it just us rolling evades like madman?
What is the normal game lenght for the starter box? (Hours or # of turns)

PS: I don't know if this is the right part of the forum. Please move if there is a better place to discuss this.

Okay seams like it was just odd luck. Played another round and that was over very quickly.

Another point then...how best to do damage at all or how to get more dice to role? Lockon and range seam to be the only ways with the starter set?

Hello,

First thing regarding game length is that with the Base game I would always start at range two from the board edge (instead one as is the rules) and limit the time at max 30 minutes (45 if new to the game).

More dice in the base game can achieved with torpedos (rebels only).

Much more influence on damage and thus results comes from available dice modifications. Besides focus/TL they may come from pilot abilities like Howlrunner or Luke.

Okay thanks.

I started in 2nd edition too... and it took several hours to have a game with some progress.
But tempo will get faster when you have played for a while. And 1h 15 min feels just about right now