Wings Question: Wing Leader with boost or barrel roll.

By Randito, in X-Wing Epic Play

21 hours ago, Faerie1979 said:

However the rules specifically state you can't decloak to the side if you're in a wing, only going forward.

Little help? I can't seem to find this anywhere. My reading says any decloak (being an effect that would reposition or rotate the ship) would break that ship off the wing.

14 minutes ago, Hand of Vecna said:

Little help? I can't seem to find this anywhere. My reading says any decloak (being an effect that would reposition or rotate the ship) would break that ship off the wing.

I've seen it, and it's been cited a few times. Or maybe just seen it described. Looking things up now, and it looks like the you can do the two strait barrel roll as part of the wing leader decloaking in the system phase, but doing so would force the wing to split up in the system phase unless the entire wing can do it. Cloaked ships however can't rejoin their wing if separated. Page 6 of the Epic Battles Rules Reference says:

After a wing leader performs a 󲁅 (cloak) action, each of its wingmates without 󲁅 (cloak) on its action bar splits from the wing (see Splitting).

*checks something*

The idea that you can only decloak forward might have come from the livestream preview, so might have been a rule that was intended at one point but changed before release.

double posted :(

Edited by bartdevuyst
On 11/10/2019 at 5:25 AM, pakirby said:

Forced splitting
Due to forced splitting that occurs after the Planning Phase and before the Engagement Phase, it is possible that a ship might not have a maneuver dial assigned to it for the Activation Phase. If a split ship does not have a dial assigned in the Activation Phase, it does not activate as normal. Instead, at the end of the Activation Phase, it must execute a [2 󲁞] maneuver , skip its Perform Action step, and gain one stress token.

I have a question about this last paragraph about Forced Splitting.

Does anyone have some examples of this? I can't figure out how this would happen… 🤔

21 minutes ago, bartdevuyst said:

Does anyone have some examples of this? I can't figure out how this would happen… 🤔

Wingleader has a mine dropped on them and goes pop. Rest of the wing no longer have a dial.

3 hours ago, bartdevuyst said:

Also if a high-initiative wingmate got bullied out of a wing with the Quadjumper's tractor array before the wing or wingmate would activate. There are several ways for it to happen.

Great examples, thanks!