WalrusofDoom's Repaints

By WalrusofDoom, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Going to just start sticking all my repaints here so I don't have threads all over the place.

Here is my VSD WIP and ISD I conversion WIP.

fJ0Q2Qw.jpg YOYIavq.jpg

A partial test of the rebel scheme I have in mind. This one is kinda sloppy since I'll probably end up redoing it now that I have an airbrush and I might go with a darker blue. I think I'm probably going to use the copper highlights as a way to connect my fleets.

L85RMZK.jpg V1SrU1M.jpg

Loving that slight metallic sheen on the ISD, conversion looking great too. Nice work!

Edited by Atromix

What paint did you use? It makes your Star Destroyer look like it's made from pewter. Very cool (and well done).

It's vallejo metal color gunmetal grey airbrushed.

Its interesting because the isd and vsd are the same color, it just depends on the lighting how bright it looks.

Some more work on the ISD II. It's still a bit hard to get good pictures because of the lighting. The brighter copper is vallejo liquid copper. The darker is screaming bell. I think the liquid copper will look better if I can get it brighter for more contrast. Thoughts?

UaD8A1k.jpg 858t9AF.jpg R42JOS9.jpg iMXg5tC.jpg

Test scheme done on the victory and the ISD I. I like how the scheme turned out. Execution could be better, but I need to redo the base coats anyway.

I1WUei3.jpg or3NKJn.jpg SLiMj8c.jpg c2c61KE.jpg 0oUJC5s.jpg

After a few months of not painting much, I finally sat down and did some work on my starhawk. Probably needs another pass on the copper and some touch ups.

OPNxm9A.jpg HIhYzNj.jpg KgLaLvX.jpg