3rd pack of Vengeance of Mordor Cycle (Le Défi des Gens-des-Chariots in french)

By Rouxxor, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

So if I'm reading this right, we have...

Lore Saruman (woot woot)

Lore ally (2 cost, 2, 2, 2, 2)

Lore ???

Spirit ally (2 cost, 1, 1, 0, 2)

Spirit ???

Leadership event (0 cost)

Leadership ???

Tactics attachment (0 cost)

Tactics ???

Neutral attachment (2 cost)

My guess is that artwork is for the contract. It could very well be art for any of the four remaining cards but if anyone can go it alone, it would be Galadriel!

Well done! Cannot wait to try these cards some time in 2021!

6 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

Also, the news indicate that the contract of this AP is about playing only one hero, but allow us to start with an attachment on him. We don't have any more information (no visual of the card) but it is already interesting.

Well, the article says:

Better yet, The Grey Pilgrim gives this hero extraordinary abilities, making him a force to be reckoned with.

If I had to guess, this contract also will give a boost to stats and some sort of readying to make up for the loss of other heroes. Your starting threat will be really low, but you will lose out on other heroes' abilities.

2 hours ago, player3351457 said:

My guess is that artwork is for the contract. It could very well be art for any of the four remaining cards but if anyone can go it alone, it would be Galadriel!

The Contract is a reference to Gandalf, as his Sindarin name Mithrandir literally translates to Grey Pilgrim. I would assume, the Galadriel art is for the mastery attachment (The Power to Command), probably in leadership.

Wow! This is the most excited I have been for a pack since Radagast! So much to unpack here but dust off the doomed events and time to bring Grima back to Isenguard, maybe with Mirlonde or Smeagol to make it a mono-Lore and still keep your threat low.

And his staff should help keep him fueled while making him playable for multiplayer or outside of a dedicated starting low threat lineup.

Great job Caleb and excited to finally have the key missing character.

Now please give us the Spirit Aragorn and answer our curiousity about the final hero. Gandalf the White or the Blue Wizards are my 1st and 2nd guesses but we shall see.

2 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Now please give us the Spirit Aragorn and answer our curiousity about the final hero. Gandalf the White or the Blue Wizards are my 1st and 2nd guesses but we shall see.

Bill the pony hero. Definitely.

Edited by Halberto
9 hours ago, player3351457 said:

Lore Saruman (woot woot)

Lore ???

Spirit ally (2 cost, 1, 1, 0, 2)

Spirit ???

Leadership event (0 cost)

Leadership ???

Tactics attachment (0 cost)

Tactics ???

Neutral attachment (2 cost)

The news says much more than that!!

Here is What the description of the french news says, and it says a lot in the text. For instance Nori Tactics ally is spoiled (but without image)

Leadership:

Card 55: The Power to command

Attachment

Master

Gives +1 Will to each unique caracter you control.

Card 56: To the Horns

Event

Doom card. The news says each player can put into play in the combat phase an ally in play to add it's attack to the current attack. (i think it will return to hand at the end of the phase though)

Lore:
Card 57:

(maybe Isengard)

Ally

Card58: Sharp Eye

Event.

It is a scrying event with the doom keyword.

Tactics:

Card 59: * Nori

Ally

Card 60: Golden belt

Attachment

Spirit.

Card 61: Rhohirrim scout

Ally

Card 62: ??

Card 63: Sarouman Staff

Card 74: The Grey wanderer (contract)

You must play with a unique hero, but you can start with the attachment of your choice in play.

The news says it gives an amazing ability to your unique Hero, but don't says any precision.

I'm so eager to know what it is.

So obviously the illustration of Galadriel is not the contract. I think it Will be the Lore Event, Sharp eye.

Edited by Valiko33

Or maybe the illistration refers to a new card to come in a future pack. It would not the first time it happens.

With this latest spoiler, it appears we could have a master card in each pack, belonging to a sphere. With all but one spirit and one tactics card spoiled in the city of ulfast pack, I would guess that the next master card in that pack is a tactics attachment.

2 hours ago, Valiko33 said:

Card 56: To the Horns

Event

Doom card. The news says each player can put into play in the combat phase an ally in play to add it's attack to the current attack. (i think it will return to hand at the end of the phase though)

That card would be better than sneak attack. Unless the doom is 3+, I bet you, in the nature of Gondor cards, it is either discarded or shuffled back into deck.

Golden belt plus Three Hunters Contract. What sort of broken decks can you make when you get to attach 4 restricted attachments to three heroes?

It cost still 16 cards. You doesn't need 16 allies to have a broken board.

20 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

Also, the news indicate that the contract of this AP is about playing only one hero, but allow us to start with an attachment on him. We don't have any more information (no visual of the card) but it is already interesting.

Wow, so solo Hero starts with Steward of Gondor (hard to imagine why this wouldn't be the go-to, unless its restricted to an item or something), and then in the opening hand mulligan for Strider and Resourceful(s). Could be surprisingly viable, seeing as it basically wouldn't take any hit to resource production and with Resourcefuls alone has the potential to produce six resources a turn pretty easily, while questing at +2 WP without exhausting. Potential, if the bonus-ability to the solo hero can compensate for the lack of bodies to defend and attack. My guess is it will benefit your allies somehow or have a built-in 'ready solo hero' feature.

So far I'm quite impressed with the viability of all the contracts so far, as I've seen Fellowship and Forth the Three Hunters work on table, with strong potential for Burglar's Turn (especially if a few more quality guarded items come out this cycle). They really, really go a long way to spice up deck construction more than anything else.

Yes, Steward or vilya with Elrond are probably two go-to attachments, unless any restriction do not allow it.

But let's see the full text and ability before final judgment.

giphy.gif

On 11/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, Alonewolf87 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the text seems more along the lines of "reduce by 2 the X value of the next Doomed X event you play this phase". The wording seems a bit strange, should it perhaps apply only to Doomed X events (like Close Call and perhaps we will see some other Doomed X cards in this pack) or to all Doomed events and that X simply is the value of Doomed printed on the card (like 2 for Deep Knowledge and 4 for Legacy of Numenor)? Cause if it's the second case I think it could have been written in a more straightforward way...

The latter, it applies to all printed doomed events. "Doomed X" is actually the keyword for doomed cards, so it makes sense within that context. http://www.lotr-lcg-quest-companion.gamersdungeon.net/#Rule124

On 11/12/2019 at 7:01 PM, player3351457 said:

Lore Saruman (woot woot)

Lore event (far sighted)

Spirit ally (rohirim scout)

Spirit ???

Leadership event (horns horns horns)

Leadership attachment (power of command)

Tactics attachment (golden belt)

Tactics ally (Nori)

Neutral attachment (the staff)

Updated. One card yet to be revealed.