Fallout Shelter - No single player?

By NulEnvoid, in Fallout

Seems weird considering the nature of the game, any chance this might change before release? I’m guessing there’s no player elimination so no fail state for a solo player, but could include a variant in the box?

At time of writing there’s no Fallout Shelter forum, so please feel free to move when there is.

Edited by NulEnvoid

I agree, I played the app plenty solo and I expected a solo variant in the box. The app was fun enough. Not sure about a board game of it.

I will say they seem to have hit the nail on the head with the art, which is a must for sure.

Also weird there wasn't a forum set up to coincide with the article.

Edited by Doctor Stuff

+1 for solo. FFG don't make me pass on this game ...

I’m honestly a little bummed. I thought it was going to be an upcoming expansion for the Board Game. But that’s okay, maybe they still are and this is just something that’s been planned before that expansion? 🤷‍♂️ I’ll probably end up getting it. Seems interesting and curious at least.

I was surprised there was no single player. That pretty much killed my interest in buying this but it does make me want to download the video game again.

I just played 4 player with the family & we enjoyed it. Very tense at the end & I won by 1 happiness point.

Solo play could potentially work & just see if you could beat your final score. Or play 2 handed.

So what's up with the fallout shelter game? I mean, I know FFG has massively dropped the ball lately with preview articles (which makes this Marvel Champions player irritated), but still it has zero preview articles, still says "available for late pre-order", doesn't have the rules up, and yet tons of people already have copies?

Edited by Supertoe

Why would you need a solo version when you can just play the app. I love the board game though.