New Rules & Mechanics

By Noahjam325, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

I've been preparing to run my first Shadow of the Beanstalk campaign. In preparation I wanted to add some house rules and new mechanics. My goal was to enhance what exists in the base book, inspire my players to create their own ideas, and streamline some minutiae without making some aspects irrelevant. I figured I would share this with the community in the hopes that it will help or inspire others in their own games.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RDH9CBeqbMdDNNeDOqtQm2ESu7tPTQhw

Edited by Noahjam325

I've updated the document with some changes based on mistakes found and some feedback & testing.

Nice job. My only complaint with SotB is that I feel like we really need 2x more options for things like G-Mods, Cybernetics and Software considering two archtypes and one career are centered around those gear sections.

Ah, additional kinds of ammunition. Well done!

Always enjoy new kinds of tech and equipment.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:24 PM, phillos said:

Nice job. My only complaint with SotB is that I feel like we really need 2x more options for things like G-Mods, Cybernetics and Software considering two archtypes and one career are centered around those gear sections.

I 100% agree. Talents too. I'm having to buy filler talents just to get to the handful of higher tier talents that I want for my runner. This game definitely needs a few more splatbooks to fill it out.