Prime Championship.

By jhh3, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I’m completely new to organized play. But I know armada very well and have played against several friends and family for about a year. How does the organized play system work?

Do you have to win the store championship to go to the prime?

If someone could explain this that would be great.

I want to start getting in to the FFG community and get more involved.

I own every Star Wars FFG game and armadas my favorite!

Prime Championships are open to all players, as are Store Championships. You do not need a special invite to attend either of these level of organized play tournaments.

Store Championships tend to be comprised of local players, whereas Prime Championships (formerly called Regional Championships) are typically bigger, more prestigious tournaments that can draw players from a large geographic area.

Both are fantastic ways to meet other fans of Armada from all over, see some excellent custom paint jobs up close, learn new tips on how to play, and connect with your local Armada community so you can get in regular games against a wide variety of opponents.

I feel the best way to get more involved is to simply jump in with both feet. If a local store is hosting an event, sign up and play! In my experience, Armada players are a friendly and welcoming bunch who are happy to see new faces at any organized play event.

Edited by Red Castle Games
10 hours ago, Red Castle Games said:

Prime Championships are open to all players, as are Store Championships. You do not need a special invite to attend either of these level of organized play tournaments.

Store Championships tend to be comprised of local players, whereas Prime Championships (formerly called Regional Championships) are typically bigger, more prestigious tournaments that can draw players from a large geographic area.

Both are fantastic ways to meet other fans of Armada from all over, see some excellent custom paint jobs up close, learn new tips on how to play, and connect with your local Armada community so you can get in regular games against a wide variety of opponents.

I feel the best way to get more involved is to simply jump in with both feet. If a local store is hosting an event, sign up and play! In my experience, Armada players are a friendly and welcoming bunch who are happy to see new faces at any organized play event.

Do I just show up or do I have to sign up? Can kids come? Was thinking of bringing my 15 year old who has been playing with me.

9 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

Do I just show up or do I have to sign up? Can kids come? Was thinking of bringing my 15 year old who has been playing with me.

I believe you need to sign up ahead of time and usually pay some sort of entry fee.

22 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

All ages welcome. Kids do surprisingly well.

37 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

This would all depend on the venue hosting the event. Some stores will require preregistration (very likely for a Prime Championship), but some will not. Same goes for minors attending events. You should contact your local game store for details and pricing.