TMA vol 4. Astropath Transcendents, PSY rating bonus, and more

By AshesFall, in Dark Heresy House Rules

I'm looking into the fan-made psyker supplement "Look not upon the witch". I cant quite make sense of the rules in there, and was wondering if the creator (or anyone else with good knowledge of these) might help me. These are the questions I have so far;

1. As far as I can see you become a psyker by selecting the "Psyker" elite advance during character creation, either with starting XP or through the "Mystic" career. (There are other options, nascent psykers, Wyrds etc, but this is the base one). This opens up all the different psychic discipline trees. If you then choose the free elite advance "Astropath" you gain a host of bonuses, but are limited to the telepathy, Telekinesis and divination psychic disciplines. However, the "astropath transcendent" advance (for just 200xp) confers all the benefits of the "Astropath" advance, in addition to two extra telepathy powers and a free talent. This entry says nothing of limitations in trees they may select. Is this an oversight? Why would anyone not take the transcendent advance regardless if they want to be an astropath, seeing as it gives so much extra for just 200xp?

2. The new psy rating rules allow focusing on three different levels, fettered (half psy rating, no risk of perils), Unfettered (full psy rating, risk of perils) and push (higher rating, always cause perils). The base rules allow reduction of psy rating to confer a bonus of +10 per level lower to the focus test. These rules state "+5 per point of psy rating". Does this mean that you always get +5 per level of Psy rating as determined by Fettered/unfettered/pushing? So if you have 4 PR, you always get +20 to your tests when you focus unfettered?

3. Technique trees. As far as I can see, the limits on the number of technique trees a character can possess across all different disciplines (equal to psy rating) only applies to the actual trees, not to the basic powers of each discipline. Does this mean that the psyker could take any number of these basic powers from any of the disciplines without "locking" one of his tree choices?

4. What is the duration of the "Weakened" condition?