Han Solo goes Trick or Treating

By OuterPop, in Painting

More Solo than Solo...

This is something I've wanted to do since the first minute I got my hands on the Han commander sculpt. He's wearing the right jacket, he's obviously got the right face, he just needed a little push to turn into Rick Deckard from Bladerunner. Han, Indy, Deckard - they're the 3 greatest characters of my lifetime, and they happen to all be Harrison, so I get the chance to play a little!

Here's the transformation:

pic5029136.png

The Han sculpt needed some work - namely a new pistol, a tie, some pants to cover up those riding boots, and most importantly - a haircut. I chopped off his hand and replaced it with an old metal revolver from something I had in the bit box. The pistol needed some work though, so I used greenstuff to modify it, as well as the pants and the tie. Some files and a hobby knife helped to make his hair...less scruffy-looking.

pic5029135.png

Once I based him on the city street, I realized it wasn't quite giving me the Bladerunner vibe I was hoping for, so some Woodland Scenics still water made some great puddles, and they were layered up with some neon reflections. Now, I think I'll go back and add some OSL to his jacket to finish off the effect.

pic5029134.png

Thanks to the BGG painter's guild for issuing the Halloween challenge that got me to finally do this!

Can't wait to get him out in front of some Tauntauns.

Edited by OuterPop

Awesome work. Well done.

Great work. Had the same idea ages ago but never bothered

Thank you guys! I put it off for so long, and probably never would have gotten around to it if not for this Halloween painting challenge.

Next year I'll turn him into Indy... That will be a real challenge :)

That is a work of art. Well done! I wouldn't mind seeing deckard on the board

Mate, that is awesome as h3ll!

Edited by 54NCH32

Sharp!