shuffling the encounter deck

By ffedericoni, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

It is not that clear to me if we have to always include the discarded encounters when shuffling the encounters deck.

For example, when I add the Nemesis cards to the encounters deck, do I include also the discards pile in the shuffle?

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, ffedericoni said:

It is not that clear to me if we have to always include the discarded encounters when shuffling the encounters deck.

For example, when I add the Nemesis cards to the encounters deck, do I include also the discards pile in the shuffle?

Thanks.

Unless an ability specifically tells you to shuffle the Encounter deck discard pile into the deck, I would assume you are not doing that.

I was under the same impression but check the Team Covenant tutorial video: Evan Johnson shuffles the discard pile with the encounter deck because Rhino II was revealed at 1:24:44. The card says "Shuffle the encounter deck", so it seems the encounter deck is both the face down deck and the discard pile.

I would not rely on those guys for rules queries at all. I haven’t watched this video, but I have watched several of their videos on the game, and they get a ton of rules wrong, including relatively straightforward stuff...

There is bound to be a FAQ document that will answer this question better than any of us.

You do not shuffle the discard pile into back into the encounter deck after searching the encounter deck for a card unless the card specifically tells you to do so. When the encounter deck runs out the scheme gains a permanent acceleration token. Shuffling the discard pile back into the deck after every search would dilute one of the natural hard timers of the game.