Problem

By Fracturedorb, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I’m sure I’ll have more, but the rule book for this game is odd. Other FFG LCGs have a flowchart as to how combat and how a turn work. This does not. And certain parts are slightly confusing. For instance. If something forces an enemy to attack a second time, do they get a surge?

13 minutes ago, Fracturedorb said:

I’m sure I’ll have more, but the rule book for this game is odd. Other FFG LCGs have a flowchart as to how combat and how a turn work. This does not. And certain parts are slightly confusing. For instance. If something forces an enemy to attack a second time, do they get a surge?

Why would they get a Surge? Every time the Villain attacks (or schemes), you flip a card from the Encounter Deck to add to the damage (or threat). Surge is a specific term for getting an extra Encounter card.

Look under ‘Boost’ in the Rules Reference.

Edited by FearLord

Yes, Villains always get a boost card when attacking (some like Klaw always get 2!)

Minions never get a boost card. They skip that step during attacks.

The rulebook looks incredibly clear to me. And those sequences are laid out plainly and with bullet points/steps.

5 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

The rulebook looks incredibly clear to me. And those sequences are laid out plainly and with bullet points/steps.

Eh, I had to look it up too when wondering if minions had a boost card.

Congrats for finding the rulebook clear. That doesn't make you any smarter than the OP. Let's try to follow Wheaton's Rule, k?

38 minutes ago, loki_tbc said:

Congrats for finding the rulebook clear. That doesn't make you any smarter than the OP. Let's try to follow Wheaton's Rule, k?

/shrug. I read that as his disputing the OPs claim that the book was “odd”, and against the complaint of there being no flow chart.

Also, iirc the game comes with player/villain step reference cards. In case one needs a reminder for order of operations.

10 minutes ago, Derrault said:

/shrug. I read that as his disputing the OPs claim that the book was “odd”, and against the complaint of there being no flow chart.

Also, iirc the game comes with player/villain step reference cards. In case one needs a reminder for order of operations.

It's hard to infer intent on the internet. If they weren't trying to be snarky then I apologize.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, Derrault said:

Yep this!

On 10/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, loki_tbc said:

It's hard to infer intent on the internet. If they weren't trying to be snarky then I apologize.

No worries!

On 10/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, loki_tbc said:

Yeah, certainly wasn't intending to be snarky. Was merely disputing the claim that the rulebook was odd, poor or unclear in anyway. It seems really clearly laid out to me. I'm not sure how page 16 can be any clearer on what to do, the order to do it in and whether minions get boost cards or not

image.thumb.png.60026e58daf3f26b34a932939d117b98.png

Yeah, on finally getting a copy of the LTP, it seems every step is completely laid out.