Allies and the future

By HisEpicness, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

i'm not sure if this has been answered somewhere before, but i haven't found an answer yet. Are allies unique to the player, or to the game? i.e. if i play a hawkeye ally, can someone else also play a hawkeye ally?

I am kind of assuming that its one on the table at a time, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

also, if that is the case, are we then assuming that any hero who is introduced as an ally in the game is likely never to get their own hero deck? because if someone then plays that hero, nobody would be allowed to use the ally card corresponding to the hero.

I really hope this isn't the case because i would absolutely hate it if one of my favorite heroes ended up as an ally card so i would never get a hero deck for them.

Anybody know if this will be the case?

Yes, the allies are unique for the whole table (i.e. only one Hawkeye at a time for everyone at the table). We don’t know whether they will release characters as allies and as heroes. However, if they handle it like Lord of the Rings LCG, we can expect hero versions of the allies eventually. In that game, they expect each gaming group to work it out among themselves, so that there are no duplicates. I wonder whether they might have a better solution for this game.

Just now, chemnitz said:

Yes, the allies are unique for the whole table (i.e. only one Hawkeye at a time for everyone at the table). We don’t know whether they will release characters as allies and as heroes. However, if they handle it like Lord of the Rings LCG, we can expect hero versions of the allies eventually. In that game, they expect each gaming group to work it out among themselves, so that there are no duplicates. I wonder whether they might have a better solution for this game.

thanks for confirming allies are unique for the table.

as for allies becoming heroes, i really hope they consider it, because the hero i want the most in the game is X-23, but i fear that she will end up being an ally to someone like wolverine first. if that happens and they never make her a hero i would be inconceivably disappointed.

6 hours ago, chemnitz said:

The cool thing about Marvel is even if you’re in a situation where players haven’t coordinated you can simply discard the duplicates for resources. At least they’re never dead cards

Hulk is an ally. There is 0% chance that Ally characters never become Heroes, because if they did we'd be seeing random D-List jobbers or only civilians as allies. I mean, there's plenty of other characters that prove it as well like DD or Hawkeye, but there's no way in **** we get She-Hulk and no Hulk.

Yeah. Almost definitely getring Hero versions. In that case, you just cant play the ally unless the hero is eliminated. At least resources doesnt make it a vomplete dead card.

9 hours ago, Abyss said:

Hulk is an ally. There is 0% chance that Ally characters never become Heroes, because if they did we'd be seeing random D-List jobbers or only civilians as allies. I mean, there's plenty of other characters that prove it as well like DD or Hawkeye, but there's no way in **** we get She-Hulk and no Hulk.

While I agree that there’s no reason to believe that being an ally would prevent a character from also being a hero , Hulk and She Hulk aren’t a great example of that. She Hulk has been an Avenger for decades, while Hulk was in the Avengers for around 2 issues when they first formed. He is consistently played in the comics as uncontrollably and not as a hero. I’d actually be more interested in a Hulk Scenario than a Hulk Hero to be honest...