Leadership is Easy Mode. Discuss

By jonboyjon1990, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I haven't actually played the game. And I don't particularly agree with this - just thought it'd be an interesting dicussion.

A good team of allies can let you pull triple duty; doing a lighter version of 3 other Aspects. They can Thwart (Justice), Attack (Aggression) and block (Protection).

I presume this is balanced by the fact that Allies are expensive, you can only have 3 in play, most are unique so you only have 1 copy, and if they die to blocking then you get less than 'full value' out of them. They're also vulnerable to treachery cards too. Also their value/impact is gradual or incremental over many turns, whereas Event cards like For Justice or Swinging Web Kick give you that burst potential.

Just seems that out of the box Leadership is the easiest and most flexible Aspect to run.

Edited by jonboyjon1990

You could say that Leadership is the best at being generalist compared to the others. The others have their very strong niche and can't really be beat when it comes to such power but Leadership is able to do a little of everything when they have allies.. Of course the problem comes out when they have none as all the Leadership cards revolve around them, and cards like Inspired gets less value compared to the other aspects boosting cards because said characters will eventually leave play. They also don't have any answers to minions, attacks, or anything else outside of their Allies so you'd best make use of them!

Edited by ZebioLizard2

I wouldn't call them easy mode, it just makes them well-rounded. But like, their cards are still balanced against other cards in other aspects.

Leadership cards are overall the least expensive, however they are generally all only applicable to allies. So if you don’t draw them early, it’s basically just a bunch of resources. (The other aspects have fewer situationally dead cards imo)

Is it just me, or does leadership have one less card than the other aspects?

37 minutes ago, Deathseed said:

Is it just me, or does leadership have one less card than the other aspects?

Leadership has 18 cards rather than 19. It has 3 allies instead of 2 though.

17 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Leadership has 18 cards rather than 19. It has 3 allies instead of 2 though.

Yep, just noticed that myself.

Great game. Lots of fun. Even if we did make some fundamental mistakes in our first two games (and half our third before we caught it). But that's how it goes isn't it? That's why you play some intro games first. 😉

Edited by Deathseed