The next era sourcebooks?

By Mongriff, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Considering most of the eras have been during wars and great conflicts, I felt the topic was best here? Are there any ideas what the next era sourcebook (s) is? Or at least which ones are promising. My group would love to see an old Republic era based around the KotOR games and the SWtOR MMO. Personally, from a GM point of view, I wouldn’t mind seeing how my own versions of ships and gear compare to others.

Most people seem to think it'll be a Sequel/First Order era book, released sometime after Rise Of Skywalker comes out.

I think you shouldn't hold out any hope for non-canon material like the Bioware games.

There's another thread over in the EotE section on this topic.

Top two likely candidates are either we get a Resistance/Sequel/First Order era sourcebook, especially as Episode 9 is two months away, or we get a vehicle/starship compilation book much as we got a weapons/armor/item compilation book with Gadgets & Gear.

As much as I'd also like to see something for the Old Republic era circa the KOTOR games or the SWTOR MMO, the reality is that neither of those are very likely, especially as Lucasfilm seems to be enforcing a bit more control over what eras/regions that FFG is publishing material for. After all, we've not seen any further region sourcebooks to the tune of Suns of Fortune (Corellia Sector) or Lords of Nal Hutta (Hutt Space). Personally, I'd love to see a region sourcebook on the Corporate Sector, which I believe is a part of the canon, though not to the same capacity that it exists in Legends.

Then again, as there's an Old Republic film/trilogy/series in the works, it's possible that if FFG is still supporting the line at that point (likely a few years off at least), then maybe we'll see something for that era. But I strongly doubt it's going to much resemble the material in KOTOR/SWTOR, both of which are by and large in the Legends category at this point, which Lucasfilm isn't necessarily doing much to promote.

Of course, we do have Jedi: Fallen Order coming out next month, with that taking place several years after Episode III, so perhaps we'll get an era book covering that time frame, which could also include elements from Solo which happened only a few years later, covering the early years when the Empire was still securing its control of the galaxy and there were apparently a substantial number of criminal organizations operating across the galaxy.