monthly Casual TO after reports (now with pictures!)

By Kleeg005, in X-Wing Battle Reports

And the brief for the October Casual:

Only two players showed up. Imperials flying Jendon/Sai/Vader vs. First Order flying Quickdraw/Kylo/Malarus. They were good enough to let me drop in with Emon/Nym for a game while one player dealt with some personal stuff for round two, and round three consisted of a three-way furball. First Order won all three games, with Kylo the lone survivor each time in spite of direct and absolute targeting priority. Here's hoping we can drum up more players for November.

The November Casual was a solid success, with eight players flying Imperial, Rebel, or Scum. We used the Asteroid Storm environment, causing no end of hooting and hollering and head scratching. I think everyone enjoyed it, although it certainly presented challenges beyond the usual strategizing. One player marked his 18th, 19th, and 20th games at the tourney, and all of his opponents were very good and gracious about helping him remember triggers and talking strategy during the game. Rebels took the whole thing with a list eschewing any sort of optimization for the format, while a Scum list teched specifically for an Asteroid Storm came second. First and second places got their choice from a pair of signed Paul La Rue alt arts, and everyone received two to three alt arts and/or token sets from previous OP prize kits. Lists and rankings are posted to Listfortress - as the "October asual," because it's too early in the morning and I wasn't paying attention, haha.

ow90Grk.jpg

2uyIFWW.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005

We only had two show for today's Casual, so we broke out the Huge ships, the Wings, and the three-player Scenarios. Start to finish - list building, set-up, play, and tear-down - took just under four hours for a 1000 point total three-way game. It was a blast, even if it wasn't a proper tournament. Details and pictures to follow.

Edited by Kleeg005

Zero attendance at the January Casual.

Two pilots attended the February Casual, out of four saying they would attend and six more saying maybe. So I gave them some prizes, and the three of us played some Epic. First the Strategic Salvo scenario, followed by some modified Aces High featuring the Mynock Infestation Environment card. The mynocks barely figured in the Aces High match, which Asajj snuck out from under the nose of a generic Bounty Hunter and Kylo. A mixed Scum fleet ensured that the warheads hit their targets against a defense force including Kylo and a squad of TIE/fo's accompanied by Fett and Azzameen. Really hoping to get more players in someday, as we've had a total of four players in the last three months.

sEK0TY4.jpg

About half way into turn 2 of the Strategic Salvo.