Millenium Falcon stand

By iAzriel, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hi! I would like to know if there is a stand that makes millenium falcon (x-wing 2.0 collection) stand to the side like it's turning, instead of being horizontal in the normal stand. Thanks for any help!

magnets

Great, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot :)

And the good news is that it would work too for non-Falcons.

2 hours ago, iAzriel said:

Great, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot :)

I believe They tell you to get the large size for the falcon, but you DEFINITELY want the extra large. Basically for any of their magnets, get the next size up that you think you'll need. I have these on just about all of my models though and swear by them.

Hmmm I already got the L size, **** they even have the Falcon I've bought at their pics too... :(

14 minutes ago, iAzriel said:

Hmmm I already got the L size, **** they even have the Falcon I've bought at their pics too... :(

My Falcon has that size and there is no problems. You cand sand a bit the sphere to improve the union, specially for extreme positions. Just to achieve a not so polish surface. It works, don't worry.

Good to know thanks. I don't want any extreme angle tbh, just to showcase it turning to the left and seeing some of the top part of the ship in the end.

Is it a lot of effort to do the conversions...?

* stares at collection of over 100 ships *

On 10/22/2019 at 5:04 AM, Ghosthacked said:

If it's important to you, you'll find a way.

Personally, I don't like the ball/magnet conversion because the ships tend to pitch and yaw in the wrong direction (probably due to folks using magnets that aren't strong enough).

I Magnetize my ships using disk magnets and then it's only when the peg on the ship has busted.

Edited by Force Majeure
spelling errors

Good enough for me.

I know my OCD can't handle it. If I start on one they will all have to go. I'm just not ready for that level of commitment or its too long past time to start.

22 hours ago, Ghosthacked said:

Really no. Crack the peg, cut the top of the stick, glue the metals, let dry. Done. Better if you dig a little the sticks to do a better sit for the sphere. The big sticks has a bit more work but the whole deal lasts two minutes.

On a big collection it's more a money thing than a time thing. You can do packs. First all copys of a ship, then the faction, then next faction. Really not hard. But it could be a pain in the teeth to spend ~100$ on magnets suddenly.

Edited by Minaith