Cthulhu Ancient One Phase

By oldschoolgamr, in Arkham Horror: Final Hour

If the Cthulhu Ancient one effect is "Glimpse R'lyeh" (3-4 Omens) and you are playing solo - are the next rounds priority cards placed faceup or facedown?

I am thinking since the effect is "play facedown" and the solo cards are "placed", not "played" OR simply because solo play requires them to be placed in order, the answer is during solo played this effect is basically reduced to "the lead investigator loses one health" - and that's it...

I have watched some playthroughs and seen it handled both ways - but I just don't see the designer intending solo play to lose the knowledge of the priority cards - as that entire round is then reduced to guessing and more or less plays itself.

Can anyone clarify or maybe confirm this is addressed in the rulebook?

Thanks,

OSG

Edited by oldschoolgamr
Clarity

Rules says that you put those priority cards is order and the reveal one action card. Put in on one of those priority cards and the resolve that action card. Then you reveal the next action card, put it on one of the remaining priority cards and resolve it and then you reveal the third action card put it in the one of the two remaining priority cards, resolve it and then you put the last action card to the remaining priority cards. So no, you donĀ“ t know what the next action card is when you chose the priority card.

I am asking about the Priority cards (the ones with numbers) and not the action cards (the one with the words).

If you look and the Cthulhu Ancient One sheet - the 3-4 omen effect says to play priority cards facedown. I am asking if that rule holds for solo play or not...

Yoy draw five priority cards, take one of of them And put it on Ancient one cheet and then play the rest in order. So that you can play them in priority order you have to play them face up. So you have more info in there. But when you play actions cards you have to draw and play them one by one, so you have less info about them!

Got my copy in hand and the rulebook had the answer (finally):

Under "Single Player Clarifications":

Glimpse R'lyeh: This effect should be treated as reading, "An investigator of your choice loses 1 health.
Then, the player places the top TWO cards of the priority deck facedown on this sheet.
During the next Reckoning step, discard these cards and add their OMEN icons to the total number of OMEN icons on the cards discarded from the row.

So, yeah - don't do what is says on the Cthulhu card - there is a special rule in the rulebook with a single player version of this effect.

OSG

Ok thanks for the info, but what is that rule on that rulebook ?

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Edited by sneazzy95

The rule is on Page 15.

Second column of text (towards the end of the page)

Bullet point number 5.

In the section titled "Single Player Clarifications"

OSG

Edited by oldschoolgamr