To FFG OP: Why was the Midwest left out of Primes?

By Trogdor04, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

From what I understand, stores were Sent Emails from the Distributor (Alliance), and in Canada, AsmodeeCA...

I have seen the Canadian one.

The Facebook posting was an additional courtesy.

It was a short window, but the window was only asking, literally, for an expression of interest... With actual Time/Date decisions to come after the fact...

18 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

From what I understand, stores were Sent Emails from the Distributor (Alliance), and in Canada, AsmodeeCA...

I have seen the Canadian one.

The Facebook posting was an additional courtesy.

It was a short window, but the window was only asking, literally, for an expression of interest... With actual Time/Date decisions to come after the fact...

And apparently this bare minimum of effort on FFG's part was insufficient, as many stores missed/were not aware of the deadline.

6 minutes ago, JauntyChapeau said:

And apparently this bare minimum of effort on FFG's part was insufficient, as many stores missed/were not aware of the deadline.

However, are you really willing to defend the professionalism of gaming stores? They shouldnt need to be spoonfed.

2 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

However, are you really willing to defend the professionalism of gaming stores? They shouldnt need to be spoonfed.

I don't feel any particular need to defend them, but I sure hope nobody here thinks that this system has been working. A lot of stores missed the deadline, and we ended up with (I think) fewer Primes than we had Regionals last year. Does FFG care about growing this game, or not? A single email to stores asking if they maybe want to be considered for a Prime clearly was insufficient. It might be good enough for a game with high sales potential, but that's not Armada.

To add to this my local store always checks regularly with FFG I also know that the list will be updated so I would strongly encourage those wanting a Prime to reach out to their store and have them contact FFG OP to see if they can be added to the list. There could well be more opportunities for more primes.

I noticed that X-Wing is getting Store Championships; hopefully FFG will soon announce that Armada will get some too.

7 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I noticed that X-Wing is getting Store Championships; hopefully FFG will soon announce that Armada will get some too.

Supposedly they are going to open store championships up after regionals. FFG OP wants to get through X-Wing Worlds before working on Armada SC's, which I understand.

I got responses back from Top Deck Games and FFG yesterday. I Facebooked TDG and e-mail FFG OP. My writing is underlined; their responses are italicized.

Will there be a Star Wars Armada Prime at Top Deck this year? [EDIT: I shouldn't have said "this year," I meant "between now and February 2020."]

Thanks for messaging us. We try to be as responsive as possible. We'll get back to you soon.

Hello! We will be running one during the next round.

Hello,

I see that there are no upcoming Star Wars:Armada Primes within two hours of where I live (Philadelphia PA). It's likely too late to do anything for this season, but what can I do to encourage a closer Prime location for SW:A next season?

I'm not a store owner, just a player.

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan, the #1 thing is to ensure that stores apply for a Prime. We only denied a VERY small number of applications this year, so most gaps are due to lack of stores applying.

Thanks,

Matt Holland
ORGANIZED PLAY COMMUNITY COORDINATOR

Aside from confirmation that "a very small number of applications" were denied [giving them the benefit of the doubt, let's assume it was for good reasons], not a whole lot of new info, just more emphasis that the onus is on the stores to apply for it. I'm going to keep closer contact with my stores from now on.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
On 10/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, Bertie Wooster said:

H i Dan, the #1 thing is to ensure that stores apply for a Prime. We only denied a VERY small number of applications this year, so most gaps are due to lack of stores applying.

Thanks,

Matt Holland
ORGANIZED PLAY COMMUNITY COORDINATOR

That is an interesting response from organized play. It may very well be the case with the relatively short response window but it still seems odd that some of the most population and thus store dense areas of the US (NY, OH, etc.) didn't have a single qualifying store apply to host the event this year. Just seems statistically improbable.