rules regarding Maelstrom additional turns

By player3463263, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

hi all

reading the rules, we found on page 10:

When a player in the Maelstrom encounters their space, they
draw an encounter card from the Kessel/Maelstrom deck.
These cards always provide a way for the player to take an
additional turn.
• An encounter card for the Maelstrom may provide a player with
an additional turn. When a player gains an additional turn, they
resolve another turn (planning, action, and encounters steps)
after they complete their current turn.
· A player cannot gain an additional turn while they are
resolving an additional turn. Any additional turns that
would be gained in this way are ignored.

----> question (1): the additional turn should be resolve in any case or only when a condition is met in the card?
----> question (2): if there is a card without any condition that enable a way to have an addition turn, an additional turn should resolved anyway?

thanks

f.

Unfortunately I am not at home so I can not look at my cards to verify but I believe what it is saying is there is always a way to take an additional turn if certain conditions are met, such as testing piloting. You would need to resolve the card as written. Basically if it says if you test and pass piloting you get another turn but you if you fail the test then you would not get the additional turn. I have personally avoided the Maelstrom but if I remember right most of the times if you fail the condition it will move you one space and end your turn.

So the short answer is to do whatever is on the card as written. Ultimately though if you are truly conflicted on how a rule should be handled then implement a house rule that all are in agreement on.

Every card we have encountered in the Maelstrom has some test that if passed grants an additional turn. I can't say I've looked through every card in the deck, but from the quoted rules I'd say that this hold true for the entire deck. You aren't guaranteed an additional turn, but you are guaranteed a chance to get one awarded.