[Spoiler] New card requires trust

By Revert, in KeyForge

Infomancer requires you to trust you opponent if they play the card without grafting an action onto it. Something that you can only do if you have no actions in your hand. You could claim that you have no actions, and there is no good way to prove you wrong. I don't mind games where you trust your opponent, but this game seems to have been avoiding effects that cause you to do this, so I felt I should call it out.

Infomancer - Creature - Elusive. Play: Graft an action card from your hand onto Infomancer. (Place it faceup under the card.) Reap: Trigger the play effect of an action card grafted onto Infomancer.

Why would it matter? If your opponent isn’t wanting to maximize the cards potential that’s their choice. The more important question is does the grafted card go to the discard pile when Infomancer leaves the battle-line because it doesn’t say the card is purged.

Because they may have an action in their hand that is bad to graft. Either because of the risk of it being destroyed before they can trigger it, or because its effect doesn't work well on turns where the active house is the Infomancer's house.

Edited by Revert

Examples include:

Board wipes

Cards that give you chains

Cards whose effects are dependent on having no creatures in play.

Key Charge when you're not close to forging

As a side note Alpha & Omega cards will be amazing to graft.

Edited by Revert

The intent of the card is to let you graft an action onto it if you want to . But just like Biomatrix Back-up and other cards who’s intent wasn’t explicitly written in the card your going to keep arguing about this aren’t you?

48 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

The intent of the card is to let you graft an action onto it if you want to . But just like Biomatrix Back-up and other cards who’s intent wasn’t explicitly written in the card your going to keep arguing about this aren’t you?

All rulings at tournaments have been made based off of the rules as written, and not the rules as intended, so ... yes, I am going to care about the rules I am forced to play by. Whenever I play this card, I will graft an action even if it is bad. Now if I am playing game, and my opponent chooses to not graft anything, I am not going to call him out on it, because I care more about the fact that I am not cheating than I am not being cheated.

Like I said in the opening, I am perfectly happy playing games where you have to trust your opponent. I am just calling this card out because I don't want keyforge to make the same mistake in the future. The Anomalies are from the future, so they might be play testing set 4 cards with this effect right now.

Edited by Revert

So it requires trust, I don't see the problem. I play Keyforge most with my friends and people at my flgs. I trust all of them to play the game fairly. This only becomes a problem at Large scale tournaments like championships, vault tour, and vault warriors. At these events there should be enough judges, and the results are big enough, that you should be able to call one over and just have them check the opponents hand. I think this situation will be very uncommon so I don't see it as that big of a problem.

Edited by Nellac
On 10/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, Revert said:

Examples include:

Board wipes

Cards that give you chains

Cards whose effects are dependent on having no creatures in play.

Key Charge when you're not close to forging

As a side note Alpha & Omega cards will be amazing to graft.

Amazing because they won’t work (Alpha) or they’ll end your turn (Omega)?

edit: ahhh just the play effect....that is quite good potentially.

Edited by Derrault
9 hours ago, Derrault said:

Amazing because they won’t work (Alpha) or they’ll end your turn (Omega)?

Actually... I don't think they would (as written).

Alpha & Omega are aspects of the action cards. The reap text on the card in question says "activate the play effect."

Let's take an example:

Card image for Eureka!

If this was grafted onto Infomancer, then when you reap you would technically "Gain 2 aember. Archive 2 random cards from your hand." It wouldn't fizzle, you wouldn't get the bonus aember either because technically you're not playing a copy of the card, you're just taking the "Play:" text and plugging it into the "Reap:" text of the creature.

I really hope there's no Swindle in that set...

On the competitive level play you should call judge and show your hand to him. He can confirm that there is no actions in your hand.

This question already raised with another card: custom virus (maybe you want to sacrifice it when you do not have creature in hand to prevent enemy nexus to use it or you have veylan analyst and want 1 aember)

Edited by AleksandrShepelev