scratchbuilt rigged G9 Freighter

By Decan Mabu, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hello Again.

Long time not making a new project, now I’m preparing a new ship for the Republic faction.

I saw they do not have at the moment any kind of big ship (as much as they have is the ARC 170 and is a medium sized ship)

First of all I had a look on the Clone Wars TV serie the ship Anakin and Asoka used on several misión, and having a look on several books as well as Wookieepedia I found the size is 34 m, very similar than the YT-1300.

Second I saw this type of ship has been used by many other characters (Thrawn, Pirates, Bridget family...) so it can also fit on many other factions, so I started to find some. diagrams, drawing and pictures to make me and idea of how it looks like and in order to prepare my drawings and blueprints...

I had made several pictures during the process I’m going to attach just to so the advance of the project.

Please feel free to share comments and questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.

EFC61AEE-A036-4E17-B91D-A7835DB43858_zps

Edited by Decan Mabu

That’s the main structure and a comparison with a jedi star fighter

c8Xm4O0.jpg

yNT0Mpd.jpg

Edited by Decan Mabu

I’m having problems uploading the pictures if someone can help me with that i’ll be glad

Photobucket has been letting us down for many years now. Try imgur.com.

After you login, hover your mouse on your username (in the top right) and click on "images" then you can add images. once uploaded, click on the thumbnail image that you want to use and a window pops up. Then click "Copy"on the BBCode option. Then you can paste that into your FFG post. You won't see a pic until you submit your response. Until then, it's just text.

Fsp2PQj.jpg

17 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Photobucket has been letting us down for many years now. Try imgur.com.

After you login, hover your mouse on your username (in the top right) and click on "images" then you can add images. once uploaded, click on the thumbnail image that you want to use and a window pops up. Then click "Copy"on the BBCode option. Then you can paste that into your FFG post. You won't see a pic until you submit your response. Until then, it's just text.

Fsp2PQj.jpg

many thanks!!!

here now with more details on the main structure.

I made the diagrams/templates ready to be printed on sticker paper to be added on to the plasticard, cardboard or vinil sheets, so I can cut directly there, bend and glue ready to make the frame and some paneling details...

rzyyikX.jpg

p8fWfcQ.jpg

Edited by Decan Mabu

As you can see I used green putty stuff to close the corners on the ship and smooth the lines, and also used several small tiny parts to make details of the circuitry and mechanical parts of the ship

1il2WL7.jpg

Here are more details, this one more about the wings as well as the impulsion unit

q6EYiGq.jpg

QF4pbeK.jpg

Now with the lower wing, also mobile with a magnet:

4AH9js0.jpg

NwlSSdH.jpg

An with the cannons (the wing torrent is left at the moment...)

FQbGdiw.jpg

Oh4HjQ5.jpg

fc1aRsf.jpg

Keep going !!

Edited by Decan Mabu

Did you ever finish this build? It's really lovely.

3 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

Did you ever finish this build? It's really lovely.

I did not had finished due to Covid crisis I was not able to finish it, but I hope I’ll retake it sooner, I’ll keep you informed about

Did you carve all that greebling!?

On 4/17/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ghosthacked said:

Did you carve all that greebling!?

Yes, I had designed it, draw and printed it in adhesive paper, sticked it over the plasticard sheet an the cut an carve the details...

Edited by Decan Mabu

#respect