Elementalist + Archaic scroll

By rugal, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Since 2 of the elementalist's card have "when you purchase this card, gain 1 "elemental" card"

if you use the archaic scroll to return the cards into the skill deck, will you lose the elemental card gained with ? or not ?

How would you rule this ?

The logic would be so you lose the elemental card that comes with. But as ruled, I would say you keep it.

I’d say if you choose Sun And Sea or Earth and Sky as the cards to refund, you would also have to return the Elemental card you had taken along with them when you got those skills.

Keeping them seems like an exploit and not make sense, even if the RAW suggests you can get away with it.

But raw rules says you keep them right ? And I'm not so sure the on I take along with to begin with

I guess so? Still feels like cheating if you ask me, since the intent of the card is clearly to respec your character, not gain power by keeping abilities you no longer have paid for.

If you can't remember what Element card you took, I would at least return a random Element card.

Edited by Charmy

Agreed. In any scenario where the game was still in development, there would either be a FAQ saying, "In this case, you should return the purchased card as well" or an errata to Archaic Scroll patching it to work with Elemental cards.

Taking advantage of an unsupported game is not cool.