One shot (Pre-Halloween) help for a new Android GM

By Ahrimon, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

I've volunteered to run a horror themed game for our game club's pre-halloween get together. I'm very familiar with the NDS and have played a lot of the star wars line. I'm not quite as familiar with the genesys line, but there are definitely improvements over the SW version. So I was thinking that if I can help spread the good word, I may be able to get more Genesys games going in my club.

What I'm looking to do is start it off as a more traditional the clone making corporation (I've just started reading android...sorry) brings in a team of outsiders (the PCs) for a raid on a lab of a company that is rumored to be perfecting a new type of clone that is a threat to their business. They can't send in their guys for plausible deniability. The players will start out fairly benign with an infiltration mission and how to get there. I'm thinking a space rock station at the lagrange point. But after getting in they discover that the stuff has hit the fan.

I'm looking for ideas on a few things:

• I need a collection of pre-made characters, so any ideas would be very appreciated. I'm going to go with about 100 extra XP and a couple of favors worth of gear since I don't want the players running around with basic characters for this one-shot. What would make for some good archetype/career combinations? Anything to watch out for?
  • I'm also looking for ideas on what exactly they find there. I'm leaning towards bio-horror type of stuff. I'm not sure if I want some spreadable condition where the characters can be changed, or a killing horror type of deal ala Xenomorphs. Does anyone have any statblocks lying around that they could point me towards?

Thank you!

If you want to save some time the pregens in the free FFG adventur are +100 xp if i recall https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/f6/7a/f67a8f7f-8308-40a2-a3eb-44e533c75644/shadow_of_the_beanstalk_premade_characters-compressed.pdf

From what you describe though they might need some better weapons/equipment if your out for a big monster fight maybe just a few more painkillers will do the trick :)

If you want Xenomorphs the "Xenomorph" from the Corerule book page 187 is a great monster.

A while back someone asked me to stat up Kharnivore and Turboraptor for a Android game if you ever watched the show love, death and robots on netflix :)

Anyways they where both based on the Xenomorph base creature i can share their statblocks here. In true horror fashion start with some minor security guards maybe drones make the main fight in a Lab with liquid filled tanks and lots of technical equipment and cover, Darkness and strobe lights.

uc?id=1JS14BR4yHWB2v2IIrOSOaeBQaYmCLeXD

5 hours ago, Archellus said:

Judiciously stolen!

I ❤️ you! Thank you. I completely missed the xenomorph from the core book and I loved Love Death & Robots, so using those as a new type of clone/genetically modified/cyber organism would be awesome.

Your most welcome. Let us know how it goes. Its been a while since i did these. They where stattet to fight each other and not really to fight pc's if you throw them at your players cut back the damage on khanivore by 2 pts on both attack. And knock the maw down to pierce 1.

If you use turboraptor either Reduce its soak to 6 and/or WT down to 20 depending on what weapons your pc has.

Happy halloween

Btw if you want to keep the theme from Love, Death and Robots you could have both monsters in the encounters with high soak and make it possible for your runner to actually hack one of them and control them like in the series. But that might be a bit to advanced if your just running an intro in a local game shop :)

I really appreciate the help!