Take the Station Large ships

By Andydabeast, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Did a search for "take the station" and turned up nothing. Nobody plays? Anyway, it seems more fair to not allow large ships in this mode. otherwise we will have just ISD's and Pickles driving around and the one guy with some small ships with a target on his head.

Any thoughts?

I've heard of a few games being played. Don't know if it ever took off.

Large ships don’t always win.

Mostly because with Take the Station, the scoring is different than usual - you don’t score points for killing, only surviving and the station - so you want to both be quick, but not present a singular target to be beat down in the Center alone by 3 other teams...

I was talking about it with my friend. Going large ship would essentially be a forfeit of your station points and a long range survival build. If you can manage to just not die then all you need is for people who got to the station to loose more than 50 points.

Maybe part of the balance is that large ships are usually slow so you won't get many if any station points.

I am playing it on Thursday and will report our experience. We have two players with 7-10 games experience and two with 2-3 games. I hope at least one person goes single ship.