Reservoir Seppies [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Although now I'm thinking you and Pod counter-claimed each other, knowing one of you would go down and the other would be effectively cleared.

My main points against that were (1) you claimed 1-shot, which wouldn't allow you to influence us later, and (2) it's a pretty crazy plan.

But now you're claiming no shot restriction, which would give you the perks of not having to explain future scans and clear people and the ability to influence us later when needed, and the plan would have been cooked up by Pod anyway.

What's your scan list?

##unvote

The beautiful thing is that this clears Cal no matter what.

And the more I think the more obvious it seems Mads wouldn’t scummarine so heavily, it’s just too cheap a playstyle for such a good liar.

Sick play CV, I’m impressed.

##vote @Constantine Valdor

Oh, and one more thing: town gets a vig, a doc, a fruit vendor and a tracker with only 2 scum, at least one of whom was a goon? 4 power roles to 3 vanilla?

Guilty as sin.

Well thats either a truly great last gasp or the MVP townplay of the game.

3 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Well thats either a truly great last gasp or the MVP townplay of the game.

It’s all either open information or just makes sense. CV’s whole persona is Pod’s pupil. Then CV pushes me with no reasoning given, throws up a “scan,” to help start a train.

Blind pushing before a secret scan is really reckless. If he were really a tracker he’d want a no-vote, so 3 or 4 of us wake up and he gets yet another scan to see whether it’s me or you.

He doesn’t seem to want that.

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

So you're still tracking.

Why did you decide this wasn't actionable?

We had this game.

Yes, and you were the sith with cover power. Trackers can’t see alegiance.

N1 scan Pod, he went to Ovi

N2 GNIPs, he went to me, I scanned too early, he gave me the fruit.

N3 Cal, to confirm his doctor claim.

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Although now I'm thinking you and Pod counter-claimed each other, knowing one of you would go down and the other would be effectively cleared.

My main points against that were (1) you claimed 1-shot, which wouldn't allow you to influence us later, and (2) it's a pretty crazy plan.

But now you're claiming no shot restriction, which would give you the perks of not having to explain future scans and clear people and the ability to influence us later when needed, and the plan would have been cooked up by Pod anyway.

What's your scan list?

Well I learned to be cautious when I got a power role, drawing heat is never good early on.

It’s all either open information or just makes sense. CV’s whole persona is Pod’s pupil. Then CV pushes me with no reasoning given, throws up a “scan,” to help start a train.

Blind pushing before a secret scan is really reckless. If he were really a tracker he’d want a no-vote, so 3 or 4 of us wake up and he gets yet another scan to see whether it’s me or you.

If I’m scum, why would Forty be nightkilled after he used his one shot.

He’s doesn’t have any powers, It would serve to kill a more seasoned town player.

Oh, and one more thing: town gets a vig, a doc, a fruit vendor and a tracker with only 2 scum, at least one of whom was a goon? 4 power roles to 3 vanilla?

Guilty as sin.

Well, got to ask Bertie for that.

Right, do you think Cal will still be alive after tonight?

You want another delay after a day of no vote and a friendly fire? That spells another certain Town death.

Like I said, I’m still undecided between you or Mads.

Your play reminds me on the jedi vs sith game.

Always wanting to clear up yourself first, so you can be all nice and clean for other Towns.

But I have a plan,

if today’s a no vote per @The Jabbawookie request

I suggest @Caldias protect me for a night scan.

I’ll coin flip to scan either @Madaghmire or Jabba at N4.

*backup plan

2 hours ago, Constantine Valdor said:

Right, do you think Cal will still be alive after tonight?

You want another delay after a day of no vote and a friendly fire? That spells another certain Town death.

Like I said, I’m still undecided between you or Mads.

Your play reminds me on the jedi vs sith game.

Always wanting to clear up yourself first, so you can be all nice and clean for other Towns.

That's exactly what I want. And if you were town, so would you. And in fact, now that I've pointed it out you hold it up as a backup. This is not complicated, it should have been our plan A if you weren't lying to us. And I address clearing myself now that we have four players, one of whom is 100% clear.

2 hours ago, Constantine Valdor said:

If I’m scum, why would Forty be nightkilled after he used his one shot.

He’s doesn’t have any powers, It would serve to kill a more seasoned town player.

Forty was by far the best choice, as he was the cleanest town player at the time aside from yourself. Killing Cal, me or Mads would have only narrowed down the suspect pool.

12 hours ago, Constantine Valdor said:

So now it’s down between 3 Vets.

@Caldias who did you protect last night?

10 hours ago, Caldias said:

I protected Jabba

Why this? You say you already knew, and if that's true you could have cleared yourself and Caldias instead of just him.

5 hours ago, Constantine Valdor said:

Well, got to ask Bertie for that.

By the time we can do that we already know. It's about knowing what a reasonable setup looks like right now. And I think the one we supposedly have with you as tracker is implausible.

I will say, Forty's death is a guessing game knowing a doc is in play. I could protect myself, but also blocking a night kill makes it really hard for scum as we would have more confirmed town folk. So forty being targeted isn't that odd. Scum probably was trying to thread a needle, knowing that I was one of the players that was taking shade, I wouldn't be targeted, and neither would Mads, as last night it looked like either one of us were possible scum. So scum probably just guessed and was able to avoid being blocked.

6 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Why this? You say you already knew, and if that's true you could have cleared yourself and Caldias instead of just him.

A bit of double checking. I wasn’t going to open up my (real) tracking ability too early.

6 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

That's exactly what I want. And if you were town, so would you. And in fact, now that I've pointed it out you hold it up as a backup. This is not complicated, it should have been our plan A if you weren't lying to us. And I address clearing myself now that we have four players, one of whom is 100% clear.

Forty was by far the best choice, as he was the cleanest town player at the time aside from yourself. Killing Cal, me or Mads would have only narrowed down the suspect pool.

Your version involved hanging someone first. And I decide who I scan/track, a scan request is always suspicious nowadays.

57 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

A bit of double checking. I wasn’t going to open up my (real) tracking ability too early.

Which is a shame, because it would have almost certainly won us the game, and you gave away your role immediately when Mads started to push Cal in the next posts.

43 minutes ago, Constantine Valdor said:

Your version involved hanging someone first. And I decide who I scan/track, a scan request is always suspicious nowadays.

I provided both versions, before and after D2's no lynch.

I grow tired of this. I've looked at your game, found it absolutely riddled with holes, and done my best to point them out.

@Madaghmire , @Caldias , I think it's time to reach a decision. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Pffft, nothing ever satisfies you.

vote me, I don’t care.

my vote stands

#vote Jabba

I think the argument for both is pretty clear. I’m just having trouble deciding. Cal, which way are you leaning?

Vote Count:

1. The Jabbawookie(L-2) (CV)

2. Constantine Valdor (L-2) (Jabba)

3. Madaghmire (L-3)

4. Caldias (L-3)

Actually started to lean Valdor, only cause when pressed he seemed to have a flurry of posts, which is something I've done when pressed as scum. But he could also be just flustered.

I did at the time find it troubling that he lied about being a 1-shot, but I also see it as an okay deception to keep his ability alive for town.

About 26 hours left BTW.