Kinda off-topic but..

By gmcc, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I have no interest in another star wars but i think they can have linked but separate campaigns for light and dark side similar to the new ah lcg dream eaters campaign. They would have to think of how the campaign resolution would be but it should't be a problem for their creative talents.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, Ywingscum said:

When I watched the AMA with Andrew Navarro this question was asked. He laughed and said we tried to give you a coop SW years ago.

The feeling I had from him and his answer was a flat out no.

Too bad cause I’d love it.

If that's FFGs read on what occured then they are flat out putting their head up their own butts.

I demoed the co-op they previewed at Gencon alot. As a result I had a chance to talk the developers that were soliciting feedback. The feedback I and others gave was that they were just giving us an LOTR reskin.

Now sameishness is always something leveled at FFG when they make a new game. And it's normally not a criticism I level at them. They have a style and the borrow some mechanics sure, but I don't think that makes the games reskins of each other.

But the SW co-op was so similar to LOTR that my then LOTR playtest partner and I were immediately able to blow through all the scenarios they had to demo on our first run through them. Luke was a reprint of Core Legolas. And this was a common sentiment of those that we played and talked with that Gencon

They laid an egg with that one and it's a shame if internally they don't have the perspective to understand that they just missed with the game, not the overall concept.

I think there is enough competitive Star Wars now. Coop would be fun. But there is the issue of characters I think.

Imperials and Rebels as playable would be tricky. It can be done, but not as well I think. I think pure Rebels is better. But who do they have? It removes prequel era as an option.

In Narrative terms, you could easily support Dark and Light side characters. Take Arkham as an example, each scenario has different outcomes and choices, a branching narrative. FFG could easily have a Dark story and Light story to each mission/ story/ episode. It also isn't a stretch to say you could weave them back together for common story plot elements.

EXAMPLE:
The Jedi are setting up a new academy on Planet X

- Dark: Slaughter Jedi kids **record in your journal you slaughtered the kids**

- Light: Defend academy from invaders **record in your journal you saved the kids**

Depending on your choice, outcome y happens, although slightly different for each choice.

- Chapter 2 - The Academy was just the beginning, as you unveil the Jedi's deeper plans

In this format, you could even have 'good/bad' characters make questionable decisions AND they could change from chapter to chapter...all great options in an LCG/RPG/ fun game

A reskin of LoTR? Sounds good to me :)

Edited by Ywingscum