Add Arkham Horror Premium Figures Investigators?

By ClaytonCross, in Mansions of Madness

I got some Arkham Horror Premium Figures to upgrade some of the ones that came with Mansions of Madness 2nd edition and 4 additional ones because I have an awesome tray set for the base game that makes setup virtually instant. However, I was surprised when I realized the Arkham Horror Figures sell separately but don't seem to have a way to add them separately. Am I incorrect? is there some way to add them? If not is there some possibility of them being added lately? As it is, if I can not, I will just pick a different character avatar and use the card/figure for the one I really want. Will this cause any problems for me?

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, ClaytonCross said:

I got some Arkham Horror Premium Figures to upgrade some of the ones that came with Mansions of Madness 2nd edition and 4 additional ones because I have an awesome tray set for the base game that makes setup virtually instant. However, I was surprised when I realized the Arkham Horror Figures sell separately but don't seem to have a way to add them separately. Am I incorrect? is there some way to add them? If not is there some possibility of them being added lately? As it is, if I can not, I will just pick a different character avatar and use the card/figure for the one I really want. Will this cause any problems for me?

The Premium Figures are only models from the original edition and its 2 expansions. The answer to you question is, "No. It's an all or nothing thing."

To add any of them, you would need to add either the Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories Figure and Tile Collections (which ever the monster/figure was from). The former is the original core set and the latter is its 2 expansions.

Stranger still is certain Premium Investigators cannot be added regardless as they have never been released for either edition of the game (although we expect them to arrive in the next 3 years):

1. George Barnaby
  2. Hank Samson
  3. Jacqueline Fine
  4. Roland Banks
  5. Daisy Walker
  6. "Skids" O'Toole
  7. Zoey Samaras
  8. Rex Murphy
  9. Mark Harrigan
  10. Lola Hayes
  11. Tony Morgan
  12. Luke Robinson
  13. Patrice Hathaway

You asked if would cause any problem to pick a separate character/avatar. It has not in my experience. I place the phony investigator (the one you told the app you were using) underneath the selected investigator card so that you know who is being specifically targeted by the game. I would recommend not selecting any phony investigator who begins the game with a specific item to prevent balancing issues.

Ya I have been avoiding Ashcan Pete for that reason and because, while Duke's trade ability is really good, its also very weird that every is handing loaded shotguns to a dog so it can carry it across the room faster than say... handing it yourself or tossing it with the safety on. Its immersion breaking to me. So ya, I am avoiding characters that come with items. Over all, I am just buying 4 premium figures to fill out my tray and add some more variety. (I ordered: Carolyn Fern, Sister Mary, Mike McGlen, and Mandy Thompson )