Worlds 2020 is confirmed

By onyersix, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I know David Gao said that he'd been in touch with Adepticon and they said that they're waiting for the scheduling to be confirmed, but I have just received a tweet from FFG organised play confirming that 2020 Worlds are definitely happening there.

Since this is the first official thing I've seen, I thought I'd post up to see who's going. I'll be there!

Screenshot_20190924-195123.png

I probably won't make it but this is good news right! Hopefully IA has just had a slowdown while they work on other games... or a Skirmish 2.0...
I hope this means more support for Imperial Assault in the future!

1 hour ago, ArcticJedi said:

I probably won't make it but this is good news right! Hopefully IA has just had a slowdown while they work on other games... or a Skirmish 2.0...
I hope this means more support for Imperial Assault in the future!

Not to be a negative nelly, but if you watch the AMA that Andrew Navaro did he basically confirmed outright that they're done producing new content for Imperial Assault (see:

)

I'd be very, very surprised if this isn't the last FFG-sanctioned worlds event for IA, but even if it isn't, any further tournaments will all be run under the same meta as this one.

As for the original question, I'd really love to go to worlds but a lot of it depends on what the entry requirements are. They put out a document last year saying that players would have to earn their seat in the tournament by, for instance, winning a regional qualifier or placing top-4 at a national. Since there aren't likely going to be any regionals near me and since I lost in the round of 8 at Nova (d'oh!) it's looking like it's probably not in the cards.

With that said, when we talked to the FFG rep at Nova he mentioned that there might be some sort of "last chance qualifier" tournament the day before the actual worlds tournament to fill any available leftover seats. Depending on how that works, and on how many unclaimed seats there are, I might still give it a go. I really hope that it works out, since I had a fantastic time there last year.

We're booked at the same hotel if you can make it again... ;) @ManateeX

Anyone know what days tournaments are gonna be yet? Need to fly back on the Sunday and don’t want to miss top cut (I won’t make top cut but mate normally does!)

I don't think that's available yet. It was hard enough to get them to confirm it was happening at all!

Yeah that’s true. Am planning a trip over to use uk nationals invite, hoping we can do whole thing but a chance may have to leave on the sunday

Posted up on November 7th on Adepticon website:

AdeptiCon 2020 Event List Preview is live! The Event List is 85% complete and contains over 475 events, tournaments and hobby seminars!

This is the basic event list in Excel format. A full cart preview with event descriptions should be live within the next two weeks.

Please keep in mind, event days, times, prices and descriptions are still subject to change, but this should give you a great start at planning your AdeptiCon 2020 experience. We are still working out details for the following events and expect to have them added by early next week: Battlefront, Bolt Action, DUST 1947, Fantasy Flight Games, Horus Heresy, Necromunda, Steamforged Games, Warcry, Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team, and Wyrd.

Registration opens Sunday, December 8th at 1:00PM CT!

I have attached the preview sheet in case anyone is interested in seeing what else is on, but as they say, FFG games are still to be confirmed.

We're getting there slowly, but it's really being a pain with booking flights and accommodation from UK (or any other county I imagine).

AdeptiCon2020EventPreview.xlsx

The dates have been released.

Thursday has a final chance tournament.

Worlds day 1 is the Friday.

Worlds final 8 is the Saturday.

Now I can start looking at flights and accommodation.

2 minutes ago, onyersix said:

The dates have been released.

Thursday has a final chance tournament .

Worlds day 1 is the Friday.

Worlds final 8 is the Saturday.

Now I can start looking at flights and accommodation.

And just to clarify that point a bit for those who don't know, the final chance tourney is a pre-worlds tournament that gives you a way into the worlds if you didn't win your seat in a regional/national/etc. The people running Adepticon have said that the worlds tournament will have 80 seats, so if you're interested, I suspect that a large portion (if not all) of the people who show up for the last chance qualifier will probably be able to get to the main tourney.

tl;dr

Even if you haven't earned a worlds invite, you'll probably be able to play in the tournament

i'M actually tempted to try and enter the last chance tournament myself, just as practice to test whatever list I decide to go with.

Also news been released about worlds being "last op supported event" for IA.

Indeed. Sad news, but will be great to be part of history (although technically speaking, everything happening every minute is history, but you know what I'm trying to say).

18 hours ago, onyersix said:

Indeed. Sad news, but will be great to be part of history (although technically speaking, everything happening every minute is history, but you know what I'm trying to say).

Totally know what you mean. have my invite, have applied for ticket, soon as I get it am totally going to live with joy in the knowledge I can go to my grave ranked in the top 80 in the world! 🙂 I mean it's not technically true most likely, but hey don't widdle on my bonfire!

Just a reminder that if you had a Worlds invite, I believe you have until Friday to register it.

I've managed to secure an Adepticon Swag Bag upgrade on my Convention ticket, so whatever happens, I'm flying home with something memorable. Just waiting for FFG to send me the link to actually buy my tournament ticket.