Ranger of the North which discard pile?

By DarkPhoenix, in Rules questions & answers

Which discard pile does Ranger of the North from Lost Realm goes, encounter or player's? Cos player, from what I understand, can't play him if somehow returned back to hand or deck because of his cost of "-" (unless when he revealed from the player's deck he does not go to hand and instantly gets put into play like he does with encounter one). Or does he gets put of of the game? (I see no rules indicating this) Or does he get's set set aside again so he can be summoned with Ranger Summons again?

Edited by DarkPhoenix
3 hours ago, DarkPhoenix said:

Which discard pile does Ranger of the North from Lost Realm goes, encounter or player's? Cos player, from what I understand, can't play him if somehow returned back to hand or deck because of his cost of "-" (unless when he revealed from the player's deck he does not go to hand and instantly gets put into play like he does with encounter one). Or does he gets put of of the game? (I see no rules indicating this) Or does he get's set set aside again so he can be summoned with Ranger Summons again?

It's explained in the Lost Realm rules:

If a player card with the encounter keyword leaves play, it is removed from the game. Do not place it in a player’s discard pile or in the encounter deck discard pile

If a player card with the encounter keyword is dealt as a shadow card to an enemy, it is treated like an encounter card: place it in the encounter discard pile after resolving that enemy’s attack.

1 hour ago, Alonewolf87 said:

It's explained in the Lost Realm rules:

If a player card with the encounter keyword leaves play, it is removed from the game. Do not place it in a player’s discard pile or in the encounter deck discard pile

If a player card with the encounter keyword is dealt as a shadow card to an enemy, it is treated like an encounter card: place it in the encounter discard pile after resolving that enemy’s attack.

Ah, thanks!