What to bring?

By NukeDrK, in Arkham Nights

We finally get to go this year! We’re flying in from Denver, so I need to be strategic in our packing.

I assume we should bring any AH:CCG investigator decks/scenarios we want to play with. Should we plan on bringing base games for the others (ES, EH, AH, etc.)? I assume those will be around, but don’t want to be mistaken. May also bring the various home brew play aids I’ve printed.

Hopefully we can get some costumes together.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:33 PM, NukeDrK said:

We finally get to go this year! We’re flying in from Denver, so I need to be strategic in our packing.

I assume we should bring any AH:CCG investigator decks/scenarios we want to play with. Should we plan on bringing base games for the others (ES, EH, AH, etc.)? I assume those will be around, but don’t want to be mistaken. May also bring the various home brew play aids I’ve printed.

You will only really need to bring your own deck, if you are planning on playing the LCG. There will be plenty of copies of every other game throughout the event. There are tables set up with games on them, and there are signups to play games with groups (often run by the designers of the games). Really, nothing else is needed. They have food and drink on-site, though if you want to get snacks or anything else, there is a Walmart just down the street (not within walking distance, but not far). There are also huge number of restaurants nearby, as it is fairly close to the mall. It is a great facility -- you are in for a treat. I am spoiled, because I live close to it and stop by a few times per month. If you are into comic books, there is a huge (I think the midwest's largest) comic book store nearby. It is called The Source. That is a cool place to visit. Would recommend it, if you get some time and have access to a vehicle.

2 hours ago, MGlas1 said:

You will only really need to bring your own deck, if you are planning on playing the LCG. There will be plenty of copies of every other game throughout the event. There are tables set up with games on them, and there are signups to play games with groups (often run by the designers of the games). Really, nothing else is needed. They have food and drink on-site, though if you want to get snacks or anything else, there is a Walmart just down the street (not within walking distance, but not far). There are also huge number of restaurants nearby, as it is fairly close to the mall. It is a great facility -- you are in for a treat. I am spoiled, because I live close to it and stop by a few times per month. If you are into comic books, there is a huge (I think the midwest's largest) comic book store nearby. It is called The Source. That is a cool place to visit. Would recommend it, if you get some time and have access to a vehicle.

This is all excellent advice.

This will be year #5 in row for me (I live in Fargo, which is less than a 3 hour drive away and one of my best friends lives in the Twin Cities and it's a great excuse to hang out with him for the weekend!), and yeah... bring yourself and a few AH:LCG decks. That's about all you'll need. Everything else is in the Games Center or nearby if you need it. The food at FFG is a bit pricey, but it's also surprisingly good for the most part.

My biggest 'other' piece of advice is: If you don't get into some of the 'signup' games, don't sweat it. There's going to be a ton of us there just looking to meet new people and play our favorite games with them so there's almost always people looking for players to join them. Don't be shy!

Sidenote: I'd second 'The Source' as well. It's less than a 5 minute drive, and it not only has comics but a pretty massive RPG and board game selection as well. If I'm in the market for a game or expansion in October, I'll generally pick it up at the Games Center if they have it (only seems proper, I guess), but if they don't have something, The Source almost certainly does.

Edited by KBlumhardt

I agree with all the advice above!

The only thing I would add is bring anything you might want signed. We've brought box tops from our favorite games and gotten them signed by the designers. They're always happy to oblige. I've seen others get rule books or game pieces signed (like cards or MoM tiles). The box tops now adorn our walls since the artwork is great and we store our games in organizers anyway.

If you have any questions about the area, let us know! Tons of people on here will be from nearby and happy to make suggestions.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:28 PM, WaitingForRedPlanet said:

I agree with all the advice above!

The only thing I would add is bring anything you might want signed. We've brought box tops from our favorite games and gotten them signed by the designers. T xender discord omegle hey're always happy to oblige. I've seen others get rule books or game pieces signed (like cards or MoM tiles). The box tops now adorn our walls since the artwork is great and we store our games in organizers anyway.

If you have any questions about the area, let us know! Tons of people on here will be from nearby and happy to make suggestions.

, but don’t want to be mistaken. May also bring the various home brew play aids I’ve printed.

Edited by WAILIYA