Made a cannon for Legion out of a Army men tank missile launcher

By jhh3, in Terrain Building

You can’t really see in this picture but it has a nice old revolutionary war cannon texture to it. This happened because I I primed it with black and left it out to dry A few hours later The sun was directly on it and I got this result. Pretty happy with it even though I didn’t mean for it to happen. I’m going to make it a neutral weapon, so whoever gets it can fire it. Still trying to figure out the rules for it. I would love some ideas. Let me know what you think. 01025346-DD4F-40F7-9667-FE243F47D5B2.thumb.jpeg.e5b33384dc77c542e00c21e12f1ef30a.jpeg

Edited by jhh3
Fixed Title

I think this is an exciting concept. It would be cool to allow it to be "capturable" by trooper units. My initial thought is that you should have to "sacrifice" a couple troopers from a unit to man the gun. Then it could be treated like the squad operating it has "coordinate: emplacement trooper"

So, some potential rules/guidelines for it that I am thinking of off the top of my head are:

A squad can spend one action to "man" the gun. It can take two crew-men, get 2 hp, cover 1, and white+surge defense. I'd have the crew have infinite courage. They'll wither under fire anyway. I'm unsure of what kind of attack dice this thing should throw.

The gun/crewmen and the trooper unit attached to it are treated as separate units. The gun is issued an order when the attached unit is issued an order. Not sure how you'd go about activating it if your attached unit is outside of range 1.. Maybe the attached squad must stay within range 1?

If the rest of the squad that hasn't manned the gun is killed or panics, the crew abandons the gun and one of those minis becomes the unit leader (if they are killed), or they rejoin the squad and panic with them if their squad-mates panic.

Just like manning the gun, an action can be used to dismount, and the troopers that were on the gun rejoin the squad (gaining suppression or other active squad tokens)

In short, it'd act like an emplacement trooper but more closely bound to the unit that crews it. I'm 100% open to criticism, just thought I'd throw some ideas out there! I like the idea of a neutral emplacement weapon and I'm likely going to try and implement something like this in casual games. Thanks for sharing!

On 9/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, Dcalov said:

I think this is an exciting concept. It would be cool to allow it to be "capturable" by trooper units. My initial thought is that you should have to "sacrifice" a couple troopers from a unit to man the gun. Then it could be treated like the squad operating it has "coordinate: emplacement trooper"

So, some potential rules/guidelines for it that I am thinking of off the top of my head are:

A squad can spend one action to "man" the gun. It can take two crew-men, get 2 hp, cover 1, and white+surge defense. I'd have the crew have infinite courage. They'll wither under fire anyway. I'm unsure of what kind of attack dice this thing should throw.

The gun/crewmen and the trooper unit attached to it are treated as separate units. The gun is issued an order when the attached unit is issued an order. Not sure how you'd go about activating it if your attached unit is outside of range 1.. Maybe the attached squad must stay within range 1?

If the rest of the squad that hasn't manned the gun is killed or panics, the crew abandons the gun and one of those minis becomes the unit leader (if they are killed), or they rejoin the squad and panic with them if their squad-mates panic.

Just like manning the gun, an action can be used to dismount, and the troopers that were on the gun rejoin the squad (gaining suppression or other active squad tokens)

In short, it'd act like an emplacement trooper but more closely bound to the unit that crews it. I'm 100% open to criticism, just thought I'd throw some ideas out there! I like the idea of a neutral emplacement weapon and I'm likely going to try and implement something like this in casual games. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your ideas. I like the "man" the gun action idea. I think I will do it 2 men to operate it, and then 4 men to move it, because its pretty big. I am using the rules that apply to the https://starwarslegion.fandom.com/wiki/DF-90_Mortar_Trooper

The https://starwarslegion.fandom.com/wiki/Shoretroopers

have Coordinate that allows them when they are given an order they can give an order to a unit in rang one. Let me know how yours turns out if you make something and I will be posting the card for it soon. Thanks again.

Spend an action to shoot a rubber band off it. Any model hit is automatically dead.

Spend an action to shoot a rubber band off it. Any model hit is automatically dead.

Guess the Rebels will have to band together....