Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness: Genesys Edition

By jan-michael-vincent, in Your Settings

A TMNT Genesys setting is now a thing! It looks to take the older Palladium based game into Genesys.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fc5EqrMK-JBYet3uhGl36Dz7hhMKIkl0evbzgRhRw9Y

Comments are open and I will be looking here for feedback. As of now I see the setting as a 'feature complete' alpha. Development will be slow but I will continue building this setting over time.

Cowabunga

Cowabunga, j-m-v.

I do notice that this seems interesting and balanced. Perhaps the most wonderful and weird thing about TMNTAOS is the IMbalance and the random tables and peculiar characters you can make.

Do you have plans to add any of that? I would truly play this, if so.

Thanks for your efforts no matter what.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, BrickSteelhead said:

I do notice that this seems interesting and balanced. Perhaps the most wonderful and weird thing about TMNTAOS is the IMbalance and the random tables and peculiar characters you can make.

Do you have plans to add any of that? I would truly play this, if so.

Not really, I think the randomness stems from the Palladium system in general. I have though about incorporating narrative dice into random tables (see HERE ) but would need some real thought before adding it to TMNT.

UPDATE!

I have not forgotten about this setting.

Once I get my hands on Keyforge physically, I will look to see if any of the new character creation rules can be incorporated in. Additionally i will see how the Æmber system relates to the BIO-E system I have in place and if there is some concepts that can be moved around. If I have the time I may also look at building some talent trees. I would plan to make them smaller than the standard and allow for a character to buy into 2-3 for free, though this is just an idea.

donatello.jpg

Cowabunga

Outstanding! I've had the idea floating around in my head for a few years now to adapt TMNTAOS into a more coherent and playable RPG system. Genesys seemed like the best way to go, so thank you for all of your hard work and attention to detail thus far at incorporating the two (and saving me a ton of work!). I love the BIO-E system from the original books and its overall sense of randomness. Keyforge and Aember sound promising from what I've read online.

I'm hoping to run my TMNT campaign setting in a sort of post-apocalyptic environment set in the summer of 1991; essentially taking place after The Secret of The Ooze movie and before the fall of the Soviet Union. So (eventually) there will be lots of space travel, different planets, and various alien/mutant races. I think what I might end up doing is just run a lot of the Edge of the Empire supplement books as adventures and retrofit them to whichever environment the players happen to be in.

At any rate, thanks again for your work!

@ joebass123 Thanks!

Eventually I will be porting over the other supplement books (guide to the universe, interdimensionalTMNT) at some point.

Do give feedback if you run my setting, always looking to improve.