Weird things we do when painting

By Minaith, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

1. Read about a technique and try it without any previous experience on the most new, important and expensive model I have.

2. During the paintjob, adopt corporal positions that defy the euclidean geometry.

3. Having an enormous and dedicated table with a speciallist cutting mat on it, but do the difficult cuts just on your hands while you are sh*tting.

Edited by Minaith

Preach brother!!

-Has five brushes, only uses two...and even then the second one is just for large areas

-Paints with the model upside down, especially when freehanding

-Always has something on Netflix while painting

-Uses a towel that I stole from US Army MWR facility downrange 12 years ago

- always handles the models while painting instead of using some form of pinning or basing

- always removes all dried paint from painting pallet before starting a new paint job (what can i say, i like a clean pallet when ever i move onto a new project)

i might be a bit crazy but i feel like my paint doesn't dry as fast when it's cleaned out

- has a desk lamp with magnifying glass but sometimes still doesn't use it and squints instead

On 9/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, MasterShake2 said:

-Has five brushes, only uses two...and even then the second one is just for large areas

-Paints with the model upside down, especially when freehanding

-Always has something on Netflix while painting

-Uses a towel that I stole from US Army MWR facility downrange 12 years ago

The last FOSHO!

Oh 40 paint bushes, use maybe 5....

Edited by Prevailing Winds
On 9/23/2019 at 2:30 AM, executor said:

always removes all dried paint from painting pallet before starting a new paint job (what can i say, i like a clean pallet when ever i move onto a new project)

i might be a bit crazy but i feel like my paint doesn't dry as fast when it's cleaned out

I love my wet pallet 🙂

I tend to handle the models with a base or stick, and for the finishing layers I always manage to leave some finger marks in fresh paint :(

4 hours ago, flooze said:

and for the finishing layers I always manage to leave some finger marks in fresh paint :(

Aouch.

By the way. The other day I was doing the final touch to a model with black wash. The problem was I took black PAINT by mistake. I cried a lot.

8 hours ago, Minaith said:

By the way. The other day I was doing the final touch to a model with black wash. The problem was I took black PAINT by mistake. I cried a lot.

Been there, too