The Naalu Collective Foresight ability

By bartifili, in Twilight Imperium

How many times The Naalu Collective can use his Foresight ability on the same ships in one turn?

For example:

1) "Player A" (eg. Federation of Sol) wants to attack "Player B" (The Naalu Collective)

2) Sol player activates a system that contains The Naalu player ships

2) The Naalu player uses his Foresight ability to move his ships before the battle to an adjacent system (eg. system with number 30)

3) Sol player activates the system with number 30 (system that now contains the Naalu player ships that just moved into by Foresight ability) to attack Naalu player again with his second army.

Do the Naalu player (Player B) can use his Foresight ability once more to move his ships one more time to another adjacent system (a system that is adjacent to no. 30 system)?

Edited by bartifili

As long as the Naalu player has strategy tokens to spend, they can continue to use Foresight.

Thanks for explaination!

Hi,

I have another question on the topic. Can Naalu player use foresight to move infantry units together with ships?

Edited by Theo85
correction
On 1/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, Theo85 said:

Hi,

I have another question on the topic. Can Naalu player use foresight to move infantry units together with ships?

From reddit FAQ list: yes, you can move infantry together with ships.

" Ruling from Dane: Yes, you may transport ground forces from planets or space with skilled retreat. This is also true for Naalu ’s Foresight ability."

I was wondering if they can take control of undefended planets.

Anybody knows?

Edited by Ogam
Found partial answer

"I was wondering if they can take control of undefended planets.

Anybody knows?"

No you need an invasion step to land troops on planets, and only your opponent is getting one of those when you use foresight.

13 hours ago, Adelphia said:

No you need an invasion step to land troops on planets, and only your opponent is getting one of those when you use foresight.

Makes perfectly sense, thanks!

From that assumption I think that during a normal retreat you cannot deploy the infantry you are moving into the planet, even if it is already under your control.

Correct?

On 1/18/2020 at 12:22 AM, Ogam said:

Makes perfectly sense, thanks!

From that assumption I think that during a normal retreat you cannot deploy the infantry you are moving into the planet, even if it is already under your control.

Correct?

Yup that's right - even if you are the active player retreating you can only invade planets in the 'active' system. So they stay in space.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:35 AM, Adelphia said:

Yup that's right - even if you are the active player retreating you can only invade planets in the 'active' system. So they stay in space.

All clear! Thanks!