New Rules Reference Up w/ All Points and Erratas

By ThumperLOLZ, in Star Wars: Legion

Is it weird that the changes take effect next Thursday, in only one week?

Effective 9/12/2019

Double post, but I just noticed that the Snowtroopers’ Ion Heavy is gong from range 1-2 to 1-3!

I think I looked at them when I got them, then just put the mini and card away.

7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Lol, I feel like that can said about most of the ion/rockets. I wonder if they will start appearing more...........and where i stored mine after I got them?

15 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Is it weird that the changes take effect next Thursday, in only one week?

Effective 9/12/2019

I think that comes from being an update of a pre-existing RRG rather than ANOTHER new RRG?

Might be sign the CW stuff is due out sooner rather than later and they wanted these fixes in at the same time.

11 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Double post, but I just noticed that the Snowtroopers’ Ion Heavy is gong from range 1-2 to 1-3!

Which was my reaction to most of the Exhaust cards. Although between the points drops and the new Droid keyword we might start seeing some sprinklings of Ion weapons.

Edited by Caimheul1313

Lots of good changes. Maybe Comms jammer may finally see some play.

Vader down to 190 points too!

Edited by R3dReVenge
4 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Lots of good changes. Maybe Comms jammer may finally see some play.

Vader down to 190 points too!

195 if you buy into the theory he "needs" saber throw stapled on 😛

+1 for printer friendly version. I literally just used up an entire colour cartridge and didn't even print the whole thing (the first 10 pages or so hadnt changed).

That aside, I love all he changes. Should bring some diversity back to list building.

The Power Harpoon should just be added to the bottom of the Airspeeders unit card as a Fixed:Rear weapon and cannot be combined in any other die pool with no added cost (it is a 1 die weapon). The rebels did switch to it mid flight in the movie.

FFG made a boo boo.

Updated card images, but failed to adjust price on those updated cards.

2 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

FFG made a boo boo.

Yeah, but keeping the old price is in-line with their “these are only competitive changes” shenanigans.

11 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

FFG made a boo boo.

they said that no point changes will go on the card since these points can change at any time. so the any card printed in the future will only have the old points but with errata updates. that is why there is a tournament section and errata section.

12 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, but keeping the old price is in-line with their “these are only competitive changes” shenanigans.

Because casual players don't want to use the re-balanced point values.

A silly excuse by FFG, but in the end, we have army builder websites, so it isn't an issue.

while i'm glad for the point change for the all the units i don't fully like the whole immune range 1 (max range) weapons.
for those that say you can't toss a grenade that high as the air speeder is really high off the ground i propose this
1. how can it shoot at targets at its base (right below it)
2. how can a r5 droid repair it from the ground (as nothing in movies/tv series show a r5 can fly (chopper isn't a r5 unit))
3. if its that high how is it displacing troops (who ducks when a plane flys above them)
also there is video of a guy destroying a airspeeder battlefront 2 with a thermal grenade

1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

while i'm glad for the point change for the all the units i don't fully like the whole immune range 1 (max range) weapons.
for those that say you can't toss a grenade that high as the air speeder is really high off the ground i propose this
2. how can a r5 droid repair it from the ground (as nothing in movies/tv series show a r5 can fly (chopper isn't a r5 unit))
3. if its that high how is it displacing troops (who ducks when a plane flys above them)
also there is video of a guy destroying a airspeeder battlefront 2 with a thermal grenade

Yeah, but it is the worst unit in the game, so don’t begrudge it a little extra help. 😊

Oh my gawd! Nerf the T-47! They had their 5 hours of uberness. It’s poor Veers turn to shine now.

:)

I admit I found that rule addition a little odd as well, but just assumed it was because they are flying too fast to track your fire when up close. DLTs are still going to rip them apart before they accomplish much regardless so why sweat the ‘real life’ mechanics of it.

18 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

1) The shot actually happened earlier in the move, but is being resolved now? Realistically, the Speeder vehicles wouldn't actually be hanging in one spot, they're more representing where they will end up at the end of whatever time period a single turn entails (6 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, etc.)

2) The droid is just debugging code? How is a droid fixing anything from Range 1 away instead of BtB, same for the medical droid?

3) Because the base of the model has to go somewhere and otherwise Speeder starts losing the detriments? Also, I've seen quite a bit of ducking in actual WW2 footage in response to low flying ground attack planes.

Also, the weapons are Range 1, but the speeder is effectively at Range 2 from the ground in terms of movement.

34 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

for those that say you can't toss a grenade that high as the air speeder is really high off the ground

Just reminds me of all the times I got a kill with the thermal detonator on a T47 in the 2015 battlefront.

They NEVER expect it to come from the ground.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
26 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

DLTs are still going to rip them apart before they accomplish much regardless so why sweat the ‘real life’ mechanics of it.

Too true.

The question is, is the T-47 even worth 140 points? I don’t think there is another unit that is really comparable, so it’s hard to say.

3 hours ago, FSD said:

Comm Jammer coming down to 5 points is going to be interesting. I had already been considering them for Tauntauns but now it's almost a no-brainer.

Yeah bit more of a difficult choice for us imperial players, I'm not sure I'd take them on speeders. However, against CIS I will definetly be taking them, messing up their order chain will be real handy.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I noticed that too 😅

Bar a few details that need painting, I've already got one ion-trooper looking forward to seeing the battlefield soon!

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:
4 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

FFG made a boo boo.

I feel like they could just be truthful with us. They don't like apps and knows everybody uses Tabletop Admiral anyway (the hero we need). Its pretty funny how much thought and effort for the competitive vs casual explanation. But if that what it takes to get yearly fixes I down with it.

My little tablet is not playing nice with the actual,pdf right now. Curious, does the immune to r age 1 thing on the airspeeder mean immune at range 1 or immune to weapons that only have r1 as an option?

2 minutes ago, Dosiere said:

My little tablet is not playing nice with the actual,pdf right now. Curious, does the immune to r age 1 thing on the airspeeder mean immune at range 1 or immune to weapons that only have r1 as an option?

only to those that have a max of range 1 like grenades (non dt) mines, and flame throwers

Would people say the CM-0/93s are worth taking on the vets now?

1 minute ago, gothound said:

Would people say the CM-0/93s are worth taking on the vets now?

they have always been worth as it gives crit 2 to the entire unit. but now its more of a incentive to bring them