Component Storage

By The Mighty Boushh, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Hi, I have been looking at component storage options for Outer Rim and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

I like the box inserts on Etsy, but wondered if there was any other options that you guys are using?

Thanks.

I actually printed up a few "free" ones off of Thingiverse, but if you don't have access to a 3D printer those won't help much. A friend of mine bought a set off Etsy herself and likes it and we both bought "dashboards" to help keep things more together during gameplay.

For all my ffg games, (and their love of tokens), I use tackle boxes from my local Walmart. Most non miniature games, once I pull out the insert, it all fits in the box

You could always design and build your own foam board insert. I did.

For now I have everything in individual zip lock bags. Will be making one out of foam board soon.

I use UltraPro deck boxes and a storage tray from the Dollar Tree.

pic4949990.jpg pic4950012.jpg

The tray, player boards and map tiles all fit under the large section of the original cardboard insert. All the cards and player standees fit in three UltraPro boxes which easily fit in the center "trough" of the cardboard insert.

pic4950005.jpg

Perhaps custom miniatures could fit under the smaller section on the right side of the cardboard insert.

I always feel bad about throwing away FFG's cardboard insert, so I was glad to find a storage solution that allowed me to keep it in the box.

Edited by dwaynedauzat

I actually just organized mine today. Plastic organizational/tackle box for all the small items and just put the maps and ship cards on top. Just need to figure out a good solution for the cards. 0SGfyuE.jpg

I fit everything in the box it came in insert still in. ;)

10 hours ago, The Mighty Boushh said:

I see that Feldherr do a foam box insert now:

https://www.feldherr.net/for/fantasy-flight-games/feldherr-foam-set-for-star-wars-outer-rim-board-game-box/a-59228

But I'm really liking what solutions people have come up with by themselves.

The Feldherr foam trays look really nice, but they're pretty large and will take up lots of table space while playing the game (which, itself, already takes up lots of space). I also noticed with these trays inside the box that the lid doesn't close all the way down.

I love the Dollar Tree organizers and use them with many of my games. At $1.00 each, I find them to be very cost efficient, portable and take up very little space. These fit perfectly under the FFG cardboard insert that comes with the game. If you're fortunate enough to have a Dollar Tree in your area I highly recommend you give these a try.
https://www.dollartree.com/tool-bench-hardware-plastic-compartmented-storage-cases/206348

Also, if you're a good shopper, you can find the Ultra Pro Deck Boxes for under a $1.00 each on Amazon or eBay (which also fit perfectly in the cardboard insert).

All for under $4.00, not many other solutions can beat that.

Edited by dwaynedauzat