RPG characters in the Card Game

By neilcell, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I want to give a great thank you to the designers for porting over the RPG beginner game characters in the current Inheritance Cycle. I love seeing Topaz Champion Kistuki Yukimi and Hida Sugi and that Togashi Yoshi is upcoming. I am immensely pleased with Hida Sugi's stats as they are exactly as I expected. I hope to see the rest of the cast including pretty boy Doji Ren and cutie Isawa Aki, mysterious Bayushi Kyo, reckless Shinjo Takuya, and brash Akodo Masako. I hope to see more of the RPG characters as well to include the player characters from the Wedding at Kyotei scenario as well as the NPCs from the adventures Dark Tides as well as The Scroll or the Blade.

Edited by neilcell
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, neilcell said:

I hope to see more of the RPG characters as well to include the player characters from the Wedding at Kyotei scenario as well as the NPCs from the adventures Dark Tides as well as The Scroll or the Blade.

Wedding at Kyotei Castle would be nice to look at

Having "Tsume Itsuyo" as a card would be particularly satisfying because her ending up as the canon Lord of Kyotei Castle is the result of an RPG GenCon 'story choice'

(i.e. the collated average results of all the play groups at GenCon)

She has the potential to be a very interesting character from an LCG perspective, as well - she's a vassal family member, but is unarguably a Daimyo - I don't think too much triggers off that at the moment but having a lower cost Daimyo than the clan family ones could be important some day.

Plus she's technically a Phoenix despite now being a widowed Crane Clan Daimyo, which could play into some interesting mechanics for a Phoenix-splash-Crane or Crane-splash-Phoenix deck.

If you've not seen/read/played Kyotei Castle, imagine if Akodo Kaede had married Toturi, then Toturi hadn't survived the assassination, and Kaede had ended up Lion Clan Champion.... obviously this is much, much further down the political food chain but it's a fascination situation.

Finally she's a straight-forwardly competent battlefield Bushi , which is a nice asset to have for either of those two clans.

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Wedding at Kyotei Castle would be nice to look at

Having "Tsume Itsuyo" as a card would be particularly satisfying because her ending up as the canon Lord of Kyotei Castle is the result of an RPG GenCon 'story choice'

(i.e. the collated average results of all the play groups at GenCon)

She has the potential to be a very interesting character from an LCG perspective, as well - she's a vassal family member, but is unarguably a Daimyo - I don't think too much triggers off that at the moment but having a lower cost Daimyo than the clan family ones could be important some day.

Plus she's technically a Phoenix despite now being a widowed Crane Clan Daimyo, which could play into some interesting mechanics for a Phoenix-splash-Crane or Crane-splash-Phoenix deck.

If you've not seen/read/played Kyotei Castle, imagine if Akodo Kaede had married Toturi, then Toturi hadn't survived the assassination, and Kaede had ended up Lion Clan Champion.... obviously this is much, much further down the political food chain but it's a fascination situation.

Finally she's a straight-forwardly competent battlefield Bushi , which is a nice asset to have for either of those two clans.

Your missing one important detail there, as Toturi would have needed to also be in love with Hotaru (who would need to be masquerading as a Geisha) who was plotting to kill him to allow the Crane to reclaim Toshi Ranbo.

3 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

Your missing one important detail there, as Toturi would have needed to also be in love with Hotaru (who would need to be masquerading as a Geisha) who was plotting to kill him to allow the Crane to reclaim Toshi Ranbo.

Touché! Very good analogy.

True; but that's why I'm pointedly calling her Tsume Itsuyo.

She was left as such at the official 'end' of the canon outcome of Wedding at Kyotei castle, by which time basically everyone else involved is dead. If I remember correctly the official outcome:

• Random scorpion shinobi is killed
  • Itsuyo kills Maeda personally
  • Takashi marries her then commits Seppuku
  • Doji Kunuzobu personally accepts her fealty on his wife's behalf (that could matter if the Hotaru/Kunawan fighting kicks off!)

The article actually points out that whilst Toshi Ranbo is scorpion controlled, Kyotei does give the Crane a stronghold which is right there next to it.....with a phoenix alliance to protect it. With Hotaru's not-so-secret crush being stowed away in Toshi Ranbo, it might actually matter.