What sets are worth have multiples of for Skirmish?

By Zcurator, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Are there any smaller unit packs worth have multiple copies of for either the figures themselves or the cards they come with?

Short answer: Honestly? No.

In Imperial Assault, you get all the Command Cards you can include in a deck in one pack, so there's no reason to gain extras there. The majority of expansions are for unique figures, and you can't field more than one of those in a list. Most of the non-unique figure expansions were part of a wave that started with a boxed set--and that boxed set often included tokens for those expansions' figures (mostly for use in Campaign mode) and (Regular) Deployment Cards for those figures. For casual play, if you -really- want (for example) to field a list that includes two Elite Rebel Trooper Deployments...just print out the second Deployment Card and use the tokens that came from the Core Set.

I've only got one copy of the Captain Terro expansion, but I've fielded a full list of him and two Dewbacks, just by using tokens. I've got a number of duplicates, and I frankly regret each one just a bit; I've never used them enough to justify the purchase, with the single exception of my second Core Set.

Edited by IndyPendant

I have three sets of Terro to be able to play Terro and two Dewbacks together. I also have multiplers of Alliance smuggler and Jawas (2 and 5 respectivly iirc); th fill up activations. These actually see play. I also have two sets of Alliance ranger but nerver put them both on the table really. I think I played my second set of Hired Guns a few times as well, but that was before jawas.

Then I am a plastic junkie so I have 2-4 set of everything, but thats by adiction not by usefulness. :)

I will mention one more though. In more Casual play and Casual tournaments, I have had success with Wookie warriors. Lots of HP to chew through on those.

Edited by Ram

I'll pretty much just reiterate what was said above, but my answer would be: no. There's no real need to get any multiples - there are so many figures out there that its really easy to make lists that don't use any duplicates. I've never bought any except Terro, just because I like having both a Terro figure and a Dewback figure and because I'm a completionist.

If you want a slightly longer answer, in competitive skirmish I have seen multiples of Jawas (some people run a swarm of 6 of them) and Alliance Smugglers (max 2) on a somewhat consistent basis. Not really anything beyond that, though - I've seen people run double-rangers, but it's not very common (and also not the best IMO).

If you're thinking tournament play, Jawas and Alliance Rangers are probably about it. Maybe Alliance Smugglers or Hired Guns.

For general skirmish games, go nuts! Who doesn't want at least two units of Wookiees, or multiple squads of Rebel Troopers or Rebel Saboteurs, and Terro plus two Dewbacks is definitely a thing, and double Banthas are too... basically any of the non-unique packs can find a home in a themed / fun list if you try hard enough.

Thanks for the replies.

A friend of mine also got multiple Boba Fett, so you can convert a mandalorian helmet onto Sabine Wren...

else, I’ll just second the above 😉