Fellowship event 2019?

By urloony, in Player community

I haven't been able to find any news on this. Is FFG just hiding it, or is there no 2019 event this year?

Something along these lines happened last year, too. I think the deadline for ordering kits was before FFG actually announced they were available.

There’s still time for them to announce it, though. I’d be surprised if no news article is posted within the next month and a half.

Last year's news article was released on 8/24, so it just has me awonderin.

I'm hoping we will get an announcement on this in the next week or two. I've really come to enjoy Fellowship events in the two years I've done them.

Bummer....no news so far?

I'm beginning to doubt there is going to be a fellowship event this year. LOTR doesn't appear on FFGs organized play list and still no news for something that would start in a month. Im surpised no one here is talking about the lack of information on this.

It was announced today. We should look for it 2nd Quarter of 2020.

12 hours ago, Felswrath said:

It was announced today. We should look for it 2nd Quarter of 2020.

Great to hear! Whereabouts?

If you look on FFG's Organized Play page on facebook, you will find it. We know nothing about it beyond that. Apparently the preorder doesn't list content so we don't know if there will be any alt-art heroes, playmats, or even that the scenario will be Escape from Khazad Dum. Presumably it will be the quest, and it'll have these, but until we get an official announcement on the News Section of FFG, we're just guessing. The Image was the Art Work of Thalion.

Thanks!

From the German Asmodee forums we know the rough contents of the kit:

- 1 playmat (yes that's right, only one playmat per kit!)

- 4 copies of the scenario

- 4 deck boxes

- an unspecified number of promos

Source: https://forum.asmodee.de/viewtopic.php?f=906&t=29360